YES!!! OBAMA WINS THE NOMINATION!!!!

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Whoo hoo!!! I am telling you, this is a blessing. I was just sick and tired of trying to remember all the rights I have in this country. By electing Obama he will remove them and ease the burden of me having to remember what rights I have.

Again, he said "This is the greatest country in the world and we need change"

Why does one need to "change" the greatest country in the world?

What is this "Change" he speaks of?

Even one of the morning show hosts who has always been right of center on my local Fox channel is swooning over Obama.

McCain BETTER get his ass in gear here.

Just like Kerry said all his campaign "I've got a plan" WHAT :cen: PLAN? Obama says ""CHANGE!" ... WHAT CHANGE?? what is his plan??

I am sorry but right now I am pissed and I could not believe people are falling for this BS...
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif

I am NOT looking forward to this election
icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

Just look down at my signature.

Your Sig is disingenuous considering the amount of time a democratic president has been in power the last 50 years.

As for the rest, I'm sure you can do what most people have done and simply do a google search on his political platforms. That should be able to educate you, at least to a passing level, on what exactly Obama wants to do to "change" America.

As someone said in another thread "You can bust your ass just as I do and get the same level of information that I do." (Paraphrased a bit to make it relevant to this thread)

- WNxRogue

Last edited:
Have you seen McCain's commercials? He talks about his "plans," by mentioning he has solutions to problems. He doesn't say what they are.

Whoo hoo!!! I am telling you, this is a blessing. I was just sick and tired of trying to remember all the rights I have in this country. By electing Obama he will remove them and ease the burden of me having to remember what rights I have.

Again, he said "This is the greatest country in the world and we need change"

Why does one need to "change" the greatest country in the world?

Even one of the morning show hosts who has always been right of center on my local Fox channel is swooning over Obama.

McCain BETTER get his ass in gear here.

Just like Kerry said all his campaign "I've got a plan" WHAT :cen: PLAN? Obama says ""CHANGE!" ... WHAT CHANGE?? what is his plan??

I am sorry but right now I am pissed and I could not believe people are falling for this BS...
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif

Just look down at my signature.

About the sig: Are you really suggesting that the poor have been better under the GOP. You should ask them, especially about the past 8 years. Its exactly your attitude of why the poor don't vote GOP -the GOP doesn't care. The last bit of assistance from a GOP president was Richard Nixon when he saved Social Security and his party hated him for it.

And lastly, Charles Barkley has switched and is now a Democrat.

Obama's plan for change (a short list, not complete feel free to add)

1. Withdraw from Iraq, allow time to rebuild military, then once reconstituted redeploy to Afghanistan where the read threat is. Bomb terrorists WHEREVER they are including Pakistan.

2. End the Disastrous Tax cuts of 2001 and 2003. Give a large tax cut to the Middle Class to reinvigorate the economy. Reintroduce the Clinton tax plan (A 1% increase on the wealthest 2% of Americans). Close all corporate loophole, punish corporate tax cheats.

3. Institution of a National Healthcare Insurence. This will probably get redefined as many democrats dont like the current plan.

4. Invest $18 Billion in Education

About the sig: Are you really suggesting that the poor have been better under the GOP. You should ask them, especially about the past 8 years. Its exactly your attitude of why the poor don't vote GOP -the GOP doesn't care. The last bit of assistance from a GOP president was Richard Nixon when he saved Social Security and his party hated him for it.
Better to vote for those who try to help and fail than to vote for those who don't try at all...

1. Withdraw from Iraq, allow time to rebuild military, then once reconstituted redeploy to Afghanistan where the read threat is. Bomb terrorists WHEREVER they are including Pakistan.
Sounds good. Stop running in circles in the mess known as Iraq and bomb the snot out of Bin Laden, not his followers. With any luck, we'll be back in Iraq to clear out the Al Qaeda that's there now that wasn't there during Saddam's reign.

2. End the Disastrous Tax cuts of 2001 and 2003. Give a large tax cut to the Middle Class to reinvigorate the economy. Reintroduce the Clinton tax plan (A 1% increase on the wealthest 2% of Americans). Close all corporate loophole, punish corporate tax cheats.
seems like a good plan to me. Note that when the tax cuts took effect, a recession began...

3. Institution of a National Healthcare Insurence. This will probably get redefined as many democrats dont like the current plan.
It's a start to update the least efficient healthcare system in the world.

4. Invest $18 Billion in Education
Maybe he'll even get rid of the Every Child Left Behind act, which has succeeded in completely screwing up my education. Teachers no longer teach what students really need to know, they only teach what's on the test. If it's not on the test, then it doesn't matter and it isn't taught. This is because of how test results of a certain percentage are demanded by the US government. It also allows kids who really aren't ready for older grades to advance because the school system doesn't want the government to rate them poorly for having student fail multiple times. This doesn't create uplifted hard workers, this creates slackers. Oh, and maybe they should increase funding to the schools in general. I'm in a dump right now, a building outdated for almost 20 years and way overcrowded. But due to the tight noose the government has over the school system, they have no money to build a new school. They could go to voters, but the middle class voters are broke thanks to the government and don't want more taxes...

Let's unscrew up this place. Obama '08.

icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif
icon_smile_angry.gif

I'm sure this "change" he keeps speaking of has to do with taking away a lot of freedoms. Think being politically correct is a big annoyance now? Wait 'til he has the White House. There is going to be some serious issues with our verbal freedoms and I'm sure physical ones as well. In my opinion.

I am pissed people are falling for this smooth talker too. Personally I don't understand why the issues with his preacher and background alone aren't making people hesitant.

I am not looking forward to this election either. I have a feeling the time of the Republicans in the house is over. (Not that I would care either way if it were a D or R, as long as they truly had America's best interest at heart and were the best person for the job).

I'm sure this "change" he keeps speaking of has to do with taking away a lot of freedoms. Think being politically correct is a big annoyance now? Wait 'til he has the White House. There is going to be some serious issues with our verbal freedoms and I'm sure physical ones as well. In my opinion.
Well, after the Patriot Act Obama would simply be par for the course...

Actually, I fear an Obama/Clinton ticket because it's possible that Howard Dean and his cronies will come to the conclusion that neither of them alone will secure enough votes.

Actually, I fear an Obama/Clinton ticket because it's possible that Howard Dean and his cronies will come to the conclusion that neither of them alone will secure enough votes.

Dont think there will be a Clinton-Obama Ticket. The last thing Obama wants is to have to share the oval office not with one but TWO co-presidents. Having Dick Cheney was bad enough, do we need a triumphant?

I think he will go go to someone who can shore up where he is the weakest -the CnC role. Someone either ex-military or having served on a military committee in congress.

I would say Jim Webb is a good choice. A Conservative Democrat so he appeals to Souther Swing state voters and Reagan Democrats. He Served as Sec to the Navy under Reagan, decorated in Vietnam (which would also annul McCain war record). He is also from Virginia and give Obama that might otherwise go GOP.

Last edited:
Obama/Clinton won't happen because after how much the two slung mud at each other (or rather how much mud Clinton slung at Obama) it doesn't make any sense that they'd suddenly be all buddy-buddy.

It's not supposed to make sense, it's politics. It's all about those that wield the most power, those that can produce the most voters, those that have the most money. It has nothing to do with what's good for the country, it has everything to do with what's the best way to grab the most power.
Just look at which Dem garnered the most votes. Is that the party's candidate or is it the one with the most delegates and super delegates, the best power player? It's a dirty, cutthroat game, this thing they call politics. Yeah, I can see a Barak/Hillary ticket working toward a new Obamanation.

Last edited:
It's not supposed to make sense, it's politics. It's all about those that wield the most power, those that can produce the most voters, those that have the most money. It has nothing to do with what's good for the country, it has everything to do with what's the best way to grab the most power.
Just look at which Dem garnered the most votes. Is that the party's candidate or is it the one with the most delegates and super delegates, the best power player? It's a dirty, cutthroat game, this thing they call politics. Yeah, I can see a Barak/Hillary ticket working toward a new Obamanation.

"Obamanation" heh, heh...I like that. :wink:

I am not sure I agree with the rest. True that politics can be dirty and cutthroat, but not always. I thought both McCain and Obama ran pretty clean campaigns during the primaries as they both promised to do. We will see if it holds till November but so far the mudslinging as been minor.

I don't think Hillary brings much to the ticket.

She won 18 Million votes in the primaries, but many of those votes were Republicans trying to stop a Obama nomination. Her demographics were feminists (not all Democratic women) and uneducated rural whites (who vote GOP anyway). She won the big Democratic states (CA, NY, MA) which will vote Democratic anyway and she won the red states (like KY, TN, TX, etc) its not like these states plan to vote for her or a Obama-Clinton ticket in the general election. She cannot even bring in her home state as NY is already a DEM lock. Plus the fact more Independents hate her than like her.

Its possible will will see Mrs Clinton as a Cabinet minister, but I think she will most likely return to the Senate.

Ahhh blaming Operation Chaos for Hitlery having a large number of votes. I see Democrats playing that way all the time. Having them vote in Republican Primaries.

Did Operation have a small part to play... Yup. But you cannot say that the Democrats don't play dirty either.... This is Politics that we're talking about.

Ahhh blaming Operation Chaos for Hitlery having a large number of votes. I see Democrats playing that way all the time. Having them vote in Republican Primaries.

Link an example of them "vote[ing] in Republican Primaries." Iv never heard of it. Surely there is an article on it.

First of all your article is speculation not proof. Second of all it didn't actually happen because Michigan went to Romney and Romney was originally from Michigan, his father was a popular Governor of Michigan.

The Dems have their faults, but when it comes to dirty play the GOP play much, much, dirtier then Democrats. They are the ones who pass election misinformation in democratic voter areas, they are the ones who jam or block
democrat telephone call centers, they are the ones who harass minority voters, and they are the ones who encourage this type of disgusting behavior.

Third of all being, being proud of disrupting democratic elections is the mark of dictatorship. Perhaps you'd prefer eliminate elections althogether and make the Republicans president for life -then this country really will be on its way to communism.

Last edited:
If I recall it was the GOP that rigged the recount in Ohio back in 2004... members of the recount staff have gone to prision for hand-picking which districts to recount instead of selecting them at random.

Obama and Webb will be the ticket. Obama needs to keep plenty of clear air between himself and the Clintons.

I agree wth Jimmy Carter.

Last edited:
Back