Worst Current Issue Weapon(Rifle or Pistol)

Ever shot someone with a 9mm?? If the distance is great than 10meters(30ft) it takes more than one shot to knock someone down.

If Afghanistan I had to fire 3 shots at one guy, and I still didn't see him fall.(and I know you will be like "you missed him") I'm a pistol expert, I didn't miss. I hit him 3 times in the chest, but he didn't fall.

9mm is weak, but great for amount of ammo in the clip.

USMC Johnny said:
If Afghanistan I had to fire 3 shots at one guy, and I still didn't see him fall.(and I know you will be like "you missed him") I'm a pistol expert, I didn't miss. I hit him 3 times in the chest, but he didn't fall.

I've told this story before on here, but a police officer from back home had to use deadly force on one subject who also took three rounds (9mm) to the chest and kept charging until the officer put one in his forehead, and this was at a range of a few meters. Admittedly this guy was a huge man, but it sure doesn't build a lot of confidence in your equipment doing its job in a pinch.

USMC Johnny said:
Ever shot someone with a 9mm?? If the distance is great than 10meters(30ft) it takes more than one shot to knock someone down.

No, never shot anyone, I'm only 15. :2guns: :D
I noticed the Beretta was a little weak...sometimes didn't knock down the targets even when we could clearly see that the bullet had hit. Didn't know it was due to the size of the bullet though. Thanks, Lance Corporal.

It's not match grade or anything, but when it has been kept up like any weapon should be, it's nothing to sneeze at.

RnderSafe said:
9mm isn't "weak" either.

I know that I do not have the real world experience to back this up (as you do, Sir), but from my experience with firearms and what I have heard from those who have been in the line of fire, I personally don't believe the 9mm to be the best choice for a sidearm. I know it is not "weak" but it is weaker than other rounds available.

Shot placement is what counts along with penetration. Hitting the brain stem is stopping power, taking out major bones, and organs is stopping power and that is shot placementand penetration. The chest cavity contains a lot of low-mass tissue (lungs, for example) that will not slow down the fast-moving 9mm round much, (unless it hits a rib, the sternum, or the pelvis etc). The 9mm Military Ball is a powerful penetrator, and that is where you run into your problems.

I personally prefer to carry .40 or .45, but I would never say the 9mm is weak. 9mm in the X-ring hurts a lot more than a miss with anything else.

This is a little off-topic, Sir, but have you (or anyone else here) ever run into short loads with the issue ammunition? I'm curious because when I was firing the M9 at Ft. Knox on the 25m pop-up range, one of the near targets came up (I believe it was only 5m away from the firing line) and I fired on it and saw the round hit the ground maybe 10 feet in front of me. It was only one of two misses while I was using the pistol, so I don't believe that it was an operator malfunction.

Redneck said:
have you (or anyone else here) ever run into short loads with the issue ammunition?
I don't know about the US issue ammunition, but I know the dutch police have had problems with theirs. They used 'cheaper' ammunition for training, wich resulted in confidence problems with snipers, who had problems hitting the targets with the inferior ammunition. Maybe you were given 'the cheap stuff' to save money? Just a guess...

Good eye, Redneck.

The first Galils were made with Finnish parts and Valmet designs/machinery. Eventually, the basic design of the Valmet receiver was retained with the left side lightening cut modified into a scope mount base.

Sako/Valmet are first class.

Thank you for the information, Sir, I'd always been under the impression that the Galil was an in-house Israeli manufacture and design.

Well basically it is, but when they were ditching the FAL they wanted a weapon similar to the AK47 that some wanted to adopt outright. They had a little help getting started, the end results were from their brain power, though.

The reciever I mentioned in the other post was a Valmet M62(milled reciever) with a modified Stoner barrel and magazine.

Back