The World's Nations Vs Terror

The way I see it, there are two ways to stop terrorism. 1) Remove the methods and abilities for the terrorists to do harm 2) Remove the motive for terrorists. Or a combination of both.

1) There will always be a target. There will always be large congregations of people that can be attacked, even the local mall. You can increase security of more appealing targets, such as the power grid or water supply. But it is impossibly to guard everything. A combination of tight security, heightened awareness of the general populous, and intelligence sources I believe would reduce the risk of an attack.

2) We will never be able to remove the Moslem's desire to kill Westerners, but what we can do is scare them into not doing it. September 11 was an act of war, a cowardly (yes cowardly) attack that killed defenceless women and children. That proves that these terrorists are not people. All of that adds up to justification for a war. They attack us, we bring them a war. Remove state-funding for terrorism, make them run like rabbits, make them too worried about their own survival to attack. Its worked for the last three years, and I think it will still work if we go after these animals with 100% conviction and unwavering commitment and strength, and mostly no remorse. We have to kill them by the dozen, for they are the enemy and they are evil, and they must be destroyed or we will lose. We have to show them that it's not worth it to attack America, and they'll give up. And we can't ask France to give us permission to defend our freedoms. We can't ask anyone.
I'd so much rather have a cowboy that has proved he's not scared to defend his country and people in the office of President, than a man who wants to ask the UN before lifting a finger. If John Kerry is elected, I will be scared. Everything he talks about doing will send the exact wrong message to the terrorists, the message we are limp-wristed and weak-backboned. We cannot have that, so in the name of national security, Freedom, and all that is great about America (Mother, the Flag, and Apple Pie!), vote for George W. Bush this November.

George W. Bush is not responsible for the content of this message. ;)

Doc.S said:
I don´t think that terrorism can be stopped eather.
Well not with conventional methods anyway. :coffee:

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

I agree.

But, if we can negotiate with the "terrorists", then we may have a deal :D

Simply ask the "terrorists" what's up? They may say "we" are the "terrorists" in their views :D Then? Check ourselves, do some self-critics, and if we are wrong, fix it, then all "terrorists" and "non-terrorists" sitting around table, drinking beers: cheers, no problem more :D

hahah! flying frog is seriously high or something! Yeah when someone blows themself up in the middle of a school or something..... yeah.........lets drink beers with them.

lol, not really high on something, just did a beer :D

Serious, maybe we can invite Bin Laden and his guys on a Internet Chat Session or simply go to UN, let him list all his requirements for stopping his terrroristic actions. Then we declare a half year ceasefire, and check if we can fullfill his wishes (Palentania issue, Chechenia issue, Kasmir issue etc).

My point is: "we" got to find out why the terrorists become terrorists, and I think "we" actually know why, but "we" think of course we are never wrong.

These terrorists are Moslem extremists. They are motivated by something higher than hating Capitalistic Americans, they believe in their holy war and religion. No amount of talking could disuade them from their beliefs, and their 72 virgins (boy are they in for a surprise). There's no room or time for pus*y-footing around, they need to be hunted down, flushed out of their caves, and killed. You cannot try to be human to anyone who blows up a school full of children.

Or we could kick the he** out of them. Seriously. I fullyunderstand the reasons for most terrorist organizations, but Istill see them as criminals who deliberatlyattack women and children. The people who killed all those kids inRussia are not "Freedom Fighters", they are sociopats who are "riding" what may be a legitimate struggle by the chechens. If you want to fight, fight the soldiers, not the schoolgirls.

And I'm afraid "your" idea is UNWISE because "he" killed 3,000 of "our" civilians for no reason. They have no logic.

Mod Edit: Unless you have a degree in pshycology, refrain from that kind of definition.

I fully understand your points and views on the matter of terrorisme, USA, Israel, Russia.

Actually China suffered a couple of times terroristic attacks from Muslims from Chinese XinJiang province, they blow up buses and attacked local government buildings.

But hell, it seems that some of the "Western" countries do support the seperatist groups in XinJiang, just after 911, USA government labeled them as terrorists after presure from Chinese government. I can imagine if USA was not attacked in 911, many politicians there and in Europe would like to see those seperatists continue their work, since it is damaging Chinese interests, therefore good for them.

To be honest with you most Americans dont give a damn about China. And I doubt china Pressured America into Anything. There is nothing for us to gain by attacking your interest.

Really? I did not know that. What are the groups called and what do they want? Have they made any demands or is random violence? Do they simply hate the Chinese government? If they're targeting civilians, then that's terrible.

But is it right labeling it as "support" from western countries? Wouldn't that mean some type of interaction between the two?

edit: Hey big Z, I like China! China numba 1!

Terrorism is just like crime to a higher degree. It cannot be stopped completely; we can only hinder is existance

HELLO wake up world especially Americans

Firstly let me start off by apologising to moderators for the following rant, and to any Americans I may offend here, but I do feel this needs to be said!!

As an English man I speak for the rest of England when I say grow up we have dealt with terrorists for a lot longer than you have thought about them.
Terrorists didnt all become muslim extremists as soon as 9/11 happened, yes that was a terrible tragedy, but I do not agree it is a justification to start a war (Afghanistan) not every muslim is a terrorist in fact 99% of followers of Islam deplore the terrorist attitude because it directly contravenes their faith its like saying the IRA blew up another building all catholics must therefore be terrorists and im sorry to say that it is a mainly american way of thinking and it is spreading to the rest of the world now if we want to stop terrorists we have to stop thinking like this or more people will get pissed off with us and they might think sod em lets blow em all to hell.
The Germans have terrorists not muslims
The French have terrorists not muslims
Everyone has their own little militant band who want to disrupt life for the average normal hard working person but they are not all muslim
At the moment I am serving in Bahrain with the RAF and living with muslims im surrounded by them. Whats stopping me from looking at each and everyone of them and thinking he wants to kill me, or she looks like shes got a bomb under her dress. Their attitude stops me they cant wait to say hello or speak to you over here if you walk into a shop they want to serve you because they want your custom (and money) they want your repeat custom, they want you to reccomend them to your friends. You say hello to someone on the street, they look you in the eye and say hello back and that hardly happens to me back home in the UK. So why is it a few nutters decide to go postal against the world saying they are doing it for allah everyone starts thinking all muslims are like that.
Sorry about the rant but the sooner we start respecting each other and tolerating each others religion the sooner we can start getting a peacefull world to live in

Jay ;)

Well said zyonchaos, I also know many Muslim people, most of them are just same like everywhere in the world, very nice people, they just work hard to make a living, that's all.

Terrorists didnt all become muslim extremists as soon as 9/11 happened, yes that was a terrible tragedy, but I do not agree it is a justification to start a war (Afghanistan) not every muslim is a terrorist in fact 99% of followers of Islam deplore the terrorist attitude because it directly contravenes their faith its like saying the IRA blew up another building all catholics must therefore be terrorists and im sorry to say that it is a mainly american way of thinking and it is spreading to the rest of the world now if we want to stop terrorists we have to stop thinking like this or more people will get pissed off with us and they might think sod em lets blow em all to h**l.
Everyone has their own little militant band who want to disrupt life for the average normal hard working person but they are not all muslim
At the moment I am serving in Bahrain with the RAF and living with muslims im surrounded by them. Whats stopping me from looking at each and everyone of them and thinking he wants to kill me, or she looks like shes got a bomb under her dress. Their attitude stops me they cant wait to say hello or speak to you over here if you walk into a shop they want to serve you because they want your custom (and money) they want your repeat custom, they want you to reccomend them to your friends. You say hello to someone on the street, they look you in the eye and say hello back and that hardly happens to me back home in the UK. So why is it a few nutters decide to go postal against the world saying they are doing it for allah everyone starts thinking all muslims are like that.
Sorry about the rant but the sooner we start respecting each other and tolerating each others religion the sooner we can start getting a peacefull world to live in

Please understand that people In the USA have known about your struggles for years, and we've had our own since the 1970s. However I think our younger "pop" culture If you will did not become aware until 9/11. However I disagree with your 99% Muslims=Good guy assessment. Please provide proof of thios claim. Because a, "large percantage of Arab Muslims do not like the West. Im tired of this "Islam is a religion of peace" when day after day they have elements blowing up buses or shooting people. I am not against Islam, but this is a problem the Islamic leadership refuses to address, and the problem is only getting larger. They have disgraced all religion, and must stop the violence against civilians. No other ideology In thw world today that practices terrorism can match to the destruction of Islamic terrorism.

GuyontheRight said:
Terrorists didnt all become muslim extremists as soon as 9/11 happened, yes that was a terrible tragedy, but I do not agree it is a justification to start a war (Afghanistan) not every muslim is a terrorist in fact 99% of followers of Islam deplore the terrorist attitude because it directly contravenes their faith its like saying the IRA blew up another building all catholics must therefore be terrorists and im sorry to say that it is a mainly american way of thinking and it is spreading to the rest of the world now if we want to stop terrorists we have to stop thinking like this or more people will get pissed off with us and they might think sod em lets blow em all to h**l.

Please understand that people In the USA have known about your struggles for years, and we've had our own since the 1970s. However I think our younger "pop" culture If you will did not become aware until 9/11. However I disagree with your 99% Muslims=Good guy assessment. Please provide proof of thios claim. Because a, "large percantage of Arab Muslims do not like the West. Im tired of this "Islam is a religion of peace" when day after day they have elements blowing up buses or shooting people. I am not against Islam, but this is a problem the Islamic leadership refuses to address, and the problem is only getting larger. They have disgraced all religion, and must stop the violence against civilians. No other ideology In thw world today that practices terrorism can match to the destruction of Islamic terrorism.
IRA (Catholics, not all) in Northern Ireland are just as bad. There's just less of them. I wouldn't measure terrorism by the amount of casualties. The IRA and Al Qaida both kill innocent people because of their faith. I don't see why one would be worse then the other.

That's beside the point.

The threat of a terrorist organisation lies not in what they did, but what they're willing to do and what they're able to do.

But if you want to know if they're still dangerous, MI5 still considers them a threat.
NORTHERN IRELAND-RELATED & DOMESTIC TERRORISM

Dissident Irish republican terrorist groups present a serious threat to British interests.

These groups reject the Belfast Agreement (the "Good Friday" Agreement), continue to engage in acts of terrorism in Northern Ireland, and aspire to attack targets in Great Britain.

The Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA) has not mounted a terrorist campaign since 1997. The organisation remains intact and some paramilitary activity continues. Its associated political party, Sinn Fein, is engaged in the Northern Ireland political process.

Paramilitary and criminal activity by all paramilitary organisations continues in Northern Ireland (see the Independent Monitoring Commission's report on paramilitary activity, April 2004).

Other extremist groups, unrelated to the Northern Ireland situation, may aspire to campaigns of violence but lack developed terrorist capability.

Read my post again...

No other ideology In thw world today that practices terrorism can match to the destruction of Islamic terrorism.

Did the IRA kill some 3000 people In the Twin Tower, or shoot some 300 kids on their first day of school recently?

Right, It's the scope of Islamic terrorism that has forced the US and allies to take such drastic measures.

And I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna buy that "the local muslims near my base smile when I walk by, so the other 1.5 billion must love everyone else too!"

Back