Who Is the World’s Worst Dictator?

P80 I am not going to get embroiled in your stupid and constant baiting, as it seems to me that is all you are her for.

Read the first post that YOU made, The question is "Who is the World's worst dictator". Nowhere that I can see does it state that only those in the list can be used.

I chose Joe Stalin as he is my choice of the Worlds worst dictator based on YOUR question.

There is an ignore button somewhere I think... :wink:

not your list though is it?

also this phrase just back up what several others have already said about the shah;

ruled by dictators who exercise arbitrary authority over their citizens and who cannot be removed from power through legal means. These tyrants suppress the freedoms of speech and religion, and the right to a fair trial. Some also commit torture, execute opponents and starve their own people

so, as for MY list of the worst dictators of the 20th century, he stays

not your list though is it?

also this phrase just back up what several others have already said about the shah;

so, as for MY list of the worst dictators of the 20th century, he stays

Yeah... typical leftist style stubbornness against historical facts. You will never be able to state what he did to be among those worst dictators. though he wasnt a dictator at all.

Last edited:
P80 I am not going to get embroiled in your stupid and constant baiting, as it seems to me that is all you are her for.

Read the first post that YOU made, The question is "Who is the World's worst dictator". Nowhere that I can see does it state that only those in the list can be used.

I chose Joe Stalin as he is my choice of the Worlds worst dictator based on YOUR question.

Yep I will back Stalin for the number one spot followed by the usuals Hitler, Mao and Pol Pot.

However I am not sure I would have Mussolini on the list unless we were looking for the most inept dictators of the century and what about Tojo although he technically wasn't a dictator in the traditional sense Japanese actions of WW2 throughout Asia and in particular China are worthy of mention.

P80: In an off topic question how is it that everyone that disagrees with you is "leftist"?
Is this the new "insult" of the week because I am sure many people would agree that if your views are the model of right wing thinking then being a "leftist" isn't really all that bad.

Last edited:
Yeah... typical leftist style stubbornness against historical facts

JOIN THE DISCUSSION, STOP YOUR FLAMING, BAITING, PERSONAL ATTACKS.

it's disruptive, and im sick of having to put up with it.

if you cant handle people having a difference of opinion this isn't the place for you

Yeah... typical leftist style stubbornness against historical facts. You will never be able to state what he did to be among those worst dictators. though he wasnt a dictator at all.

The historical facts are the ones he GAVE you that you are choosing to ignore with your nifty little ignore button.

And what on earth does that IranInteractive thing have to do with the discussion at hand?

The historical facts are the ones he GAVE you that you are choosing to ignore with your nifty little ignore button.

And what on earth does that IranInteractive thing have to do with the discussion at hand?

Concrete evidence point at the FACT that he was not.

That interactive thing shows the amount of trade done by major world powers with the theocratic regime of Iran. Open it, read it and you'll see the relevance! :thumb:

P80: In an off topic question how is it that everyone that disagrees with you is "leftist"?
Is this the new "insult" of the week because I am sure many people would agree that if your views are the model of right wing thinking then being a "leftist" isn't really all that bad.

The United States of America was started by a bunch of Liberals, and many of the Conservatives of the day (Tories) in the Colonies actively fought against the Patriots by Force of Arms.

Concrete evidence point at the FACT that he was not.

That interactive thing shows the amount of trade done by major world powers with the theocratic regime of Iran. Open it, read it and you'll see the relevance! :thumb:

But I thought you stated earlier in the thread on "Iran: Carter's Habitat for Inhumanity" that material found on the 'net was not credible?

You can't have it both ways P80. You are becoming entangled in the web of your own making. As they say, "If one is going to tell untruths and not be caught, he must have a very good memory"

I care not that you wish to live within your own fantasy, but it is an insult to other members here that you should expect them to share it with you, or at least not object to your views, that are at odds with world opinion.

But I thought you stated earlier in the thread on "Iran: Carter's Habitat for Inhumanity" that material found on the 'net was not credible?

You can't have it both ways P80. You are becoming entangled in the web of your own making. As they say, "If one is going to tell untruths and not be caught, he must have a very good memory"

I care not that you wish to live within your own fantasy, but it is an insult to other members here that you should expect them to share it with you, or at least not object to your views, that are at odds with world opinion.

I don't think I have contradicted myself at all. Depends who say it and how they say it. i.e I never trust mainstream media (alphabetic TV channels) but am willing to trust any well-researched evidence with enough intellectual support on it.

Got it?

Point taken.

I can't say that I'm over keen on your preference to "intellectual" sources, as many of them have no life experience whatsoever. Intellectuals tend to change their minds like I change my socks, one only has to look at the number of "facts" they pump out, only to have them refuted either by themselves at a later date or another "intellectual" with an equally compelling case against the first statement.

I get the distinct idea that intellectuals stay in business by being controversial rather than finding facts. Usually I find world opinion to be a much more reliable guide.

Which brings to mind the saying: You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Which brings to mind the saying: You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

I like "Figures dont lie, but Liars Figure".
One can use the Net, or take a Poll to get stats backing up just about any point of view under the sun.

Oh, and on a side note senojekips, word is you are to become Famous soon.

I can't say that I'm over keen on your preference to "intellectual" sources, as many of them have no life experience whatsoever. Intellectuals tend to change their minds like I change my socks, one only has to look at the number of "facts" they pump out, only to have them refuted either by themselves at a later date or another "intellectual" with an equally compelling case against the first statement.
You make a good argument for going feral. :)

When you say intellectual do you mean that in terms of intelligence or profession like say an
academic?

A quick check....... Diplomacy switch,... ON!!

I mean persons like my cousin who at 64 years of age has never left school. Straight from High School to Uni, and there he remains.

About Xxxxxx X Xxxxx BSc(Hons) PhD DSc

Awarded the degrees
  • Doctor of Philosophy in Botany for a thesis Cryptogamic Crusts on arid soils in southern Australia, University of Adelaide (1971)
  • Doctor of Science for a thesis The Biology of Lichens, University of Adelaide (2001)
Rod is a great bloke, there's no argument about that, but in terms of general "usefulness" that's about where it ends.

And what's this about going feral?.... Damn!! more effort needed obviously, it's turning out harder than I thought.

When you say intellectual do you mean that in terms of intelligence or profession like say an
academic?
I have a hard time reconciling this question, as my experience shows that being an "intellectual" per se only implies "book learning" and has no bearing whatsoever on real (practical) "intelligence":peace:

Last edited:
Check.

As for going feral, I of course mean that in the Aussie sense of the word, dropping off the grid and having SFA to do with the human population in general. If you can't trust the news or academics and they are constantly contradicting themselves and each other, why bother eh? I was serious too, not taking the piss.

I'm probably being a little harsh on poor old Rod, but there is definitely an element of truth in it all. Outside the lecture hall or his office he's buggered.

I'm probably being a little harsh on poor old Rod, but there is definitely an element of truth in it all. Outside the lecture hall or his office he's buggered.

Well, like the old saying goes.... Those who can't do, Teach.

According the this most countries in the world (Including the US and Canada) have trade ties to Iran. So we play with the current enemy.

Back