women better marksmen

jje

I have heard that U.S military statistics show that women are better marksmen then men I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about these statistics

I'm in Markmenship team for JROTC. My Science instructor said I might be best shooter in my team.

jje said:
I have heard that U.S military statistics show that women are better marksmen then men I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about these statistics
I don't believe! :shock:

fox wrote:Oh, sorry.

No apology needed you actual posted while i was righting my second post so I was not refereing to your post.Personal experiences are welcome

I'm a woman, but I am quite skeptical regarding studies showing one gender is better at x than others.

Anyways, I am guessing that unq'd = Unqualified?

jje said:
Where did you hear this?

The Russians have used women as snipers in large numbers, because they have better fine motor skills than men. Which translates into more finese when pulling the trigger, a quality needed for snipers.

I'm not sayind the statistics are true. I'm saying i've heard that they exist. I posted them to see if anybody else had these statistics

another thing to take into consideration is the fact that more men have probably shot guns at a range with their fathers, uncles, etc. and have developed bad habits whereas the women probably have not developed these bad habits.

gladius said:
The Russians have used women as snipers in large numbers, because they have better fine motor skills than men. Which translates into more finese when pulling the trigger, a quality needed for snipers.
Possibly, but mosty because they dont drink that much

I not sure about the rest of the Russian women snipers, but the most decorated of them, Ludmilla(don't recall her last name) was very involved in shooting clubs which were common in 1930's Russia and was a crack rifle shooter before joining the Army. The Russians were very interested in shooting clubs more so than most countries of that era.

Back