Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved?? - Page 20

View Poll Results :Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??
Yes, there will be a WW3. 60 55.05%
Maybe, there will be WW3. 36 33.03%
No, certainly not. 13 11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

--

March 21st, 2010  
captiva303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcia
Australia's main problem about becoming a power in ASia is the fact it is so far away from the rest of Asia.
lol...does this guy even know where australia is???
March 21st, 2010  
rattler

Havenīt read the thread, just stubled over it, cannot vote as my option is not an option:

We *are* in WWIII currently.

Rattler
March 21st, 2010  
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler
Havenīt read the thread, just stubled over it, cannot vote as my option is not an option:

We *are* in WWIII currently.

Rattler
now here is a man that knows something
--
March 21st, 2010  
A Can of Man

Yes.
War has changed.
March 22nd, 2010  
WHill

Topic: Who?

Who is always the question. Motive is the second question. In the past one country attacked another for more land, assets or political reasons. These days we have to add religion as a consideration and racial or ethnic considerations as motivation for war. It appears that future conflicts will center around religious or racial/ethnic dividing lines. Next, which nations have the capability to act and sustain any long term military action; or if the suspect nation(s) can obtain weapons for a long term commitment.
Suspect nations: Russia, China, India have the abilities to start and commit to a long term military action. Any Arab State, oil producing countries have the ability to start and procure weapons for a long term conflict. The list goes on and on. The US has the ability to start, sustain and finish a major conflict, so long as Obama is a one term President.
March 23rd, 2010  
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHill
Who is always the question. Motive is the second question. In the past one country attacked another for more land, assets or political reasons. These days we have to add religion as a consideration and racial or ethnic considerations as motivation for war. It appears that future conflicts will center around religious or racial/ethnic dividing lines. Next, which nations have the capability to act and sustain any long term military action; or if the suspect nation(s) can obtain weapons for a long term commitment.
Suspect nations: Russia, China, India have the abilities to start and commit to a long term military action. Any Arab State, oil producing countries have the ability to start and procure weapons for a long term conflict. The list goes on and on. The US has the ability to start, sustain and finish a major conflict, so long as Obama is a one term President.
I think that the issue is clouded by the fact that many of us consider war to be between sovereign states, whereas recent history has shown that non state groups have the capability to fight, in order to influence either the debate, impose their will or shades in between.

Religion has been a rallying cry throughout history, even if it has been used to mask baser desires or aspirations. Nowadays I thimk that access to and the ability to exploit increasingly rare resources will provide the trigger, I'm thinking that water has got to come to the fore soon.

So who is going to pull the trigger? My votes are:

1. India / Pakistan
2. Iran / Saudi Arabia
3. Israel / any Arab state
4. The public / politicians

Ultimately we democracies need to accept the results of our actions, so far we've been able to ignore them, but our pigeons will come home to roost - soon.
April 19th, 2010  
johnmacadam

with regard to indonesia and australia, I think its the other way around australia is easy pickings for them.
April 20th, 2010  
Loo Lee

i think yes because, all countries is competing in military, and there are so many conspiration, not only that many country is in bad relation for example INdonesia with Malaysia and many more.
CMIIW
April 20th, 2010  
Korean Seaboy

The world as I see it:
The Cold War isn't over...It may have ended in the "communist vs capitalism" phase, but is still continuing on at "capitalism and democracy vs rest of the world".
The way I see it is:

(Fictional) Democracy
America (which is now stop trying to police the world)
Europe (which is noww being proven as a major power that is now stumbling)
South America (except maybe good old Venezuela)
Turkey (which seems to be currently neutral, but its ally is the US)
Japan (which military isn't bad nor good)
Oceania (which may prove its combat abilites to the gloomy world)
South Korea (which is still relying on US for power)
India (which is opposer of China)
Israel (very close to US despite recent disagreements)

vs

(Fictional) Opposers of democracy
Russia (which is now showing tendencies to becoming communist nowadays)
China (which is flexing its muscles nowadays)
Iran (which stands against the wall of US sanctions with a crazy prez)
Anybody wants to add some more?

Neutral
Africa, rest of the world

Judging from today's society, WWIII will probably happen in a Cold-War stylish way with no nukes.....
April 20th, 2010  
Korean Seaboy

I vote for rattler for Congress because of his insight on the world....