Will you still serve? - Page 4

--

November 6th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Well I don't think the people who join for the benefits are a problem as long as they're given the most boring jobs such as sweeping the floor at the Pentagon, filing papers at the Pentagon... well just sitting in the Pentagon or other fine military installations and stay away from the place where the real soldiers are.
November 6th, 2004  
egoz

I don't think it's intelligent of them to join just because of the benefits. That isn't a big enough reason to get you through all the crap you have to take. Well at least for me it isn't. I might be joining because I can get my advanced degrees paid for, but that isn't a primary reason for joining. If you aren't fighting for an ideal that I don't believe you'd be a very effective soldier.
November 6th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Just issue them jobs that don't require them to be real soldiers.
--
November 6th, 2004  
Lupos

Had 9/11 never happened, had we never had war declared on us, had we never went to war in Afghanistan and Iraq I never would have even considered joining. But when I heard that my family, my friends, and my way of life were in danger of being wiped from the earth by fanatics I made the decision to join. It matters not to me who the President is (although I am happy Bush won). I enlist to protect everything I love. When my country made the call for a few good souls, I signed to go. That is the right thing to do, it is what any honorable, protective, and truly loving person will do. Defend what they love.
November 7th, 2004  
Sooners1

This is just disgusting. If you love your Country then you would join, if you love your Country then you would serve no matter who was President, if you love your Country, you would join because you would respect the vote of a Nation. To say you would not join due to the fact that somebody you dont happen to approve of is a pathetic statement and tells me you were thinkin of joinin for the wrong reasons to begin with.