Will you still serve? - Page 2

--

November 4th, 2004  
LIPS

The military is there to enforce the foreign policy of the government of the day. We dont get to pick and choose the who we serve under and we dont spit the dummy when the leader we wanted didnt get in, we just do our job the best way we can with what we have got. Thats whats called being a professional military.
November 4th, 2004  
Big_Z

Soldiers dont fight for their president, they fight for their country.
November 4th, 2004  
egoz

Like a lot of what these people are saying, you should serve your country and not your president. I know I'm joining regardless of who's president. But I'm itching for some action, which apparently I'm going to get (which I also hear I will regret later).

The President is nothing but a representative of the public that we elect to serve us, the people of the United States. This stupid bickering over party affiliations is exactly what the founding fathers of the US didn't want to happen, it'll only divide the country.
--
November 4th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

The way i see it is I am serving my country, my homeland, not the man in charge
November 4th, 2004  
A Can of Man

It won't affect me much.
November 4th, 2004  
USAOwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbr08
I would serve Dem or Rep. What diff does it make when your trying to defend your country?
This is why George Washington never supported any political parties, per se(?sp)y.
November 4th, 2004  
AsianAmerican

Im willing to serve my country. Im not here to serve my president or anyone else. Just serving the country I was born in 8)
November 4th, 2004  
Patriot_1989tobeyond

I will serve my country.Period. No matter who is president, or even if I dont agree with the reason for war. Soldiers were once told at a vaccination, "Shut up and stikc your arm out." I plan to shut up and stick my neck out.
November 4th, 2004  
egoz

I'm a patriot as much as the next guy, but blind patriotism will only get people killed. I'm still a citizen of the US so I'd still question the government's decisions.
November 4th, 2004  
Bratwurst

Fighting to serve your country is a dangerous thought as well. What if your country turns into crap? - You should always fight for the most honorable ideals with the most honorable means and intentions conceivable, no less.

Quote:
I'm a patriot as much as the next guy, but blind patriotism will only get people killed. I'm still a citizen of the US so I'd still question the government's decisions.
Its a great relief to read this. Questioning the gouverment's decisions and fighting for what you think right is what democracy is all about.