Will Russia one day join NATO - Page 2

--

November 1st, 2004  
Trevor

I could see russia joining NATO. They're cooperating with the allied nations in more ways than one.
November 1st, 2004  
larsrq

They do take part on the PFF exercises mainly the rescue part. I think it's there way to see what going on and how things are done in NATO. I'm sorry if I offend any Russians here but I live to close and I don't trust them at all.
November 2nd, 2004  
Kick_in_the_eye

No, I don't think so. Russia will probably grow to healthy and to big to be a part of EU or a military allience where they not call the shots.
--
November 2nd, 2004  
Doc.S

Russia today well they are making a huge misstake if they would join the EU, they have allready have a really tought time with the economy and as a member of the EU they would probably be in even worse situation. I have not experianced one singel benefit with the EU membership since we went in to that club. But I am not rich, I am not a farmer and I am not running my own company or any company and I have no work to worry about and I have never in my life had one day vacation. I think that EU is a big extension of the UN that only trys do be a alternative insidious more leftwing wannabe U.S state. And it would break down in to nothing if their would be a great war of some kind. It is a very weak and naiv business portal to the middle east but above all to asia. I dont fear Russia any longer though. I am more afraid of the EU to be honest.

Cheers:
Doc.S

November 2nd, 2004  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
I could see russia joining NATO. They're cooperating with the allied nations in more ways than one.
I can too. The days of Russia being a Superpower are long gone and Russia have big problems with a huge black market economy that's more healthy than the official one. I think it's good for Russia to be in NATO and bound to the West. Like the Allies did to Germany after WW2. Keep 'em close and it's harder for 'em to cause trouble. I foresee even more break-up as more and more ethnic regions break off and go it alone. Chechnya will one day be independent - it's inevitable.