Will The Republican Party run Dick Cheney for President? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Will Dick Cheney be the Republican Candidate for President in 2008??
Yes 1 6.67%
No 13 86.67%
Who Cares?? 1 6.67%
Dick Who? 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

March 31st, 2005  
Italian Guy

I agree with Wispering Death (with such a nickname he must know it all about how long Cheney is likely to live on ).

13th RN is right too.

Cheney is not very popular and I tend to exclude he will next candidate. He's pretty old too.
March 31st, 2005  
Charge 7

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see two women squaring off in the next election. I think the Republicans may very well offer Condi Rice as their candidate to counter a Hillary Clinton candidacy which seems almost inevitable at this point. I think many Republicans were surprised Rice did so well in a recent poll of possible 2008 candidates among American voters. I think she had something like 42% of the vote though Clinton had 10-15% more of the vote. Still quite close enough to do something with.

Rice is now the Secretary of State which is the highest ranking member of the cabinet and the 5th in line for the Presidency should more senior people be lost. It goes, President, Vice President, Speaker of the House, President Pro Temp of the Senate and then the Secretary of State. So she's already very high in authority now, if as I suggested, Cheney steps down sometime in say 2006 she could be nominated to Vice President and have two serious positions of power under her belt before the 2008 elections.
March 31st, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see two women squaring off in the next election. I think the Republicans may very well offer Condi Rice as their candidate to counter a Hillary Clinton candidacy which seems almost inevitable at this point.
Right after my own heart! I would LOVE to see the Republican Party be the first party to run an African American and a Women in the same package. Especially the part about being black, a woman, and the Republican Cadidate. I just love bizarre contradictions!

You gotta admit, Condalisa Rice is brilliant. Hillary Clinton is too, but why run a woman who reminds America of several of the most embarassing scandals in the history of the American Presidency. In the case of Whitewater, a scandal allegedly of her own making. How much would America end up reliving Monica Lewinsky, Whitewater, etc? She also needs to tone down much of her personal agenda making. I honestly think she could make a decent President, but as First Lady she demostrated the diplomatic ability of a slug. She managed to piss a lot of people off and step on a lot of toes in the world just to make sure she got her pet issues/projects greater focus. That's not good, especially when nobody actually elected you as anything.

I hadn't actually followed any polls lately. I was certainly been told that Hillary is pretty much going to be it for the Democrats, and I always thought this foolish. I was unaware that she had already garnered so much support though.

Quote:
So she's already very high in authority now, if as I suggested, Cheney steps down sometime in say 2006 she could be nominated to Vice President and have two serious positions of power under her belt before the 2008 elections.
This is the smartest thing that the Republican Party could possibly do. The question is, will they actually do it?? If they plan to go through with it, the sooner that Dick Cheney resigns as Vice President and Condi replaces him, the better. I'd have to see what they stand for, but I'm betting that Condi is more likely to get my vote.
--
Boots
April 1st, 2005  
Charge 7

Right now, Chewie is probably vexed as all hell that he didn't come up with something so completely innocuous as I just did to stir up the hornets nest.

April 1st, 2005  
chewie_nz

*pop*

(self implodes)
April 1st, 2005  
Charge 7