Why would Powell leave? - Page 2

--

November 6th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbr08
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Powell would be a good President for the sake of all the other countries but he will be a disaster to Americans I believe.

If Powell is President of USA, then USA will not be USA anymore. You know what I mean.
I know what you mean... maybe in the future when USA is more united than divided.
Actually I mean the way around. USA will be down from a Superpower to just a Major power. Or sure you are saying the opposite than what you really mean.
November 6th, 2004  
A Can of Man

That's just silly.
Just because you're a super power doesn't mean you always engage in war. It can happen, but just because you are less aggressive doesn't mean you're that much weaker.
The US would continue to be a super power under the presidency of Colin Powell.
November 6th, 2004  
Darcia

They originaly said last year Mr.Powell and his assistant would leave if Bush was re-elelected due to reasons he would not say...
--
November 6th, 2004  
Redneck

Post sources for your claims.

Frog, cool it, you know what I mean.
November 6th, 2004  
Darcia

here is one from last year that talked about him leaving.
November 7th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I believe Powell would have made the best president... largely in part because he doesn't enjoy the power, rather he does his work because he feels it is neccessary.
Those are the criteria that really make a good leader, unfortunately the tradeoff in a democracy is that we rarely will ever get such a person to run for office because they themselves will usually choose not to run.
If he ran he'd have my vote.

It's been said that the best leaders in politics would be the ones who do not want it. A perfect example of this is George Washington. He wanted nothing more to return to his farm and he was quite reluctant to be the nation's first President.
November 8th, 2004  
Darcia

That me be true but only the people that want it get it now.
November 9th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Frog you sound so indoctrinated, brainwashed.
November 15th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

well it is official

Powell, others to leave Bush administration

WASHINGTON Secretary of State Colin Powell and three other Cabinet members have submitted their resignations to President Bush, a senior administration official said Monday, escalating a personnel shake up that forces a major facelifting for this top-level tier of advisers for Bush's second term...

READ MORE

There was conservative radio stations talking about it this morning. The host seemed to think Powell left because his experience in warfare was ignored before Iraq. I would be made if a civilian said I was wrong about the military and I had 35 years of experience and 2 wars under my belt.
November 15th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Powell left. He is really a good guy, one of the few good men.