WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO.

Beautiful photos, beautiful music and the many sides of war that never was shown by the many news stations as they should/should have been.

*Salutes the ppl on that movie and Missileer for the initiative to bring it up here*

Doc.S
:viking:

Beautiful man......that got me wellin up

salute.gif

has anyone seen the september 11 flash tribute that has "only time" by enya as the background music. ill try to find it, the music is amazing its really haunting its sad that such a good piece of music is used on such a sombre topic

I saw it Locke. Not sure where though. You're right, it is very good. Enya was a good choice for the background music IMO. Hope you can find it.

I like it all very much, but I'm partial to the dog handler with his Shepard in the sunset., but then I would seeing as I breed and train German Shepards ;)

We had MP dog handlers on all of the NIKE sites and had to get used to sharing guard duty with Shepherds. Just didn't get too close, they didn't like anyone but their handler. They were so mean, I think they fed them gun powder.

Well they _are_ guard dogs he he. Quite a different role than those that go out on recon and such. They're much more friendly to those they recognize as part of their "pack". Depends on what the mission is they're trained for of course.

BTW, I train German Shepards in the initial training they get before going off to more specialized schooling for law enforcement agencies here. Most of the police dogs in this county and several more throughout the state are dogs I've either bred or trained or both. People still have the idea that they're dangerous. Police here now drive the K-9 units into parks and such and have a "meet and great" with the public so they can be assured that the dogs are just as friendly and just as professional as any other law enforcement personel. You wouldn't mess with a policeman engaged in his duty neither would you with a K-9, but just as you can say "hi" or give a friendly wave to police (at least we do so here) you can pet a police dog that's not on duty as long as his handler is aware of your intention.

Back