--
This is why I support CCW

April 17th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Okay MontyB....

New Zealand outlawed firearms right?

You still have gun crime right?

So does that mean that criminals still break the law?

Does a criminal stop and think "Gee, guns are outlawed so that means I cannot use a gun to commit my crime... what a shame."

NO! CRIMINALS WILL BREAK THE LAW ANYWAYS! WHY OUTLAW LEGAL CITIZENS FROM OWNING FIREARMS AND HAVING A MEANS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES WHEN CRIMINALS ARE GOING TO BREAK THE LAW ANYWAYS?
April 17th, 2007  
Donkey

Guess what Monty Joe Nut Job walked right into the campus where guns were not allowed and shot 32 people to death...your argument is quite flawed....
April 17th, 2007  
Gator

I want to know why the gunman was given nearly 3 hours to kill people.

I feel in some ways the Police are pushing Citizens more towards the need for an Armed Citizen Force 24/7 because Police are lazy.
--
April 17th, 2007  
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty B
And personally speaking I am amazed anyone can support an organisation that starts cashing in on peoples death within 12 hours of the event that alone speaks volumes about the mentality of its supporters.
Ditto I live in West Virgina and had several friends go to VT thankfully there ok, but the fact flashy graphics are out already, is just god-damn revolting. I really hope this isn't NRA supported or anything.

About guns on college campuses. That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. People burn couches at WVU, i dont want people burning couches and packing heat.

Also, what happens when a student that has a gun, fires at the bad guy, a student walks around the corner, sees the kid shooting and shoots at him, and it snowballs into a school wide fire-fight. There is just so many risks with that idea, a bunch of drunk college kids with guns is not a good idea, ever.

Police should have guns on college campuses, thats it.

I don't want to live in a world or go to college in something that resembles the Wild West, with students packing heat, thats scary and stupid.
April 17th, 2007  
Donkey

Some of you in here seem to think that it is just a simple task of obtaining a permit and that people with CCW permits would just run around like cowboys...

Your lack of faith and understanding of the entire concept and possible the nation troubles me deeply. Perhaps that you feel people are that stupid because well, I will leave it at that.
April 17th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator
I want to know why the gunman was given nearly 3 hours to kill people.

I feel in some ways the Police are pushing Citizens more towards the need for an Armed Citizen Force 24/7 because Police are lazy.
In regards to the 3 hours....

The first shooting was of a girl friend and her Resident Advisor. Police blieved that it was a domestic murder. 99% of the time, the suspect flees the crime scene.

Police cannot be everywhere 24/7. I cannot be everywhere 24/7 to protect you.
April 17th, 2007  
Rabs

Quote:
Perhaps that you feel people are that stupid because well, I will leave it at that.
Im not against a CCW in general, I'm against armed college campuses. When your at a party and people start tossing couches into the street and lighting them on fire, the idea of those people being armed is terrifying. Maybe if every 20-21 year old was mature and would be responsible this would be feasible, but its not. College kids are stupid and they sure as hell don't need guns.
April 17th, 2007  
Donkey

The case is still under way and being investigated...

From what I have read so far it was a Chinese Male that was here on a student Visa and they believe the bomb threats earlier in the year where this man testing the security... They are not sure that the two incidents where related or that there was not more then one gunman...

This could become very interesting to see what comes of this, this was something that seems like it was very well planned out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
Im not against a CCW in general, I'm against armed college campuses. When your at a party and people start tossing couches into the street and lighting them on fire, the idea of those people being armed is terrifying. Maybe if every 20-21 year old was mature and would be responsible this would be feasible, but its not. College kids are stupid and they sure as hell don't need guns.
Oh yeah I went to college in Vermont where hunting is a large part of peoples lives...Let me tell you there was a lot of guns on campus and at one point in college history their was a shooting range in the basement of a dorm, however they needed storage so the recreational things where the first to go...

But guess what with all the guns no one was ever shot...HOLY CRAP, and yes we partied hard, most people that are educated in gun safety are responsible with their weapon...

Regardless the professors could have been CCW permitted
April 17th, 2007  
major liability

I am so not looking forward to college. I'm gonna have to carry a tactical folder and some bear mace. Not a good substitute for a GLOCK 19...
April 17th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
Ditto I live in West Virgina and had several friends go to VT thankfully there ok, but the fact flashy graphics are out already, is just god-damn revolting. I really hope this isn't NRA supported or anything.

About guns on college campuses. That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. People burn couches at WVU, i dont want people burning couches and packing heat.

Also, what happens when a student that has a gun, fires at the bad guy, a student walks around the corner, sees the kid shooting and shoots at him, and it snowballs into a school wide fire-fight. There is just so many risks with that idea, a bunch of drunk college kids with guns is not a good idea, ever.

Police should have guns on college campuses, thats it.

I don't want to live in a world or go to college in something that resembles the Wild West, with students packing heat, thats scary and stupid.
Rabs, the Idea of CCW isn't something new. It should just be changed to allow folks to carry on campus. Gun Free Zones simply disarm folks and creates a target rich environment for gunmen.

I'm glad that you didn't lose your friends... This Graphic was not created by the NRA. It was made by Oleg Volk a gun owner and professional photographer.

The Anti-Gun folks will be pushing this as their new reason to ban all firearms. Trust me on this.

I feel horrible about the shooting but I will not allow my rights to be taken away by soemone that will use this as an excuse to do so.