This is why I support CCW - Page 13

--
This is why I support CCW

April 20th, 2007  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey
Why was he able to purchase a firearm? Why did he have them on campus?

All of the above questions are answered with infractions/violations or more simply breaking the laws.

He was involuntarily admitted to a mental facility because of his actions in 2005, yet 30 days prior (est. to the incident) he purchased a 9mm Glock, against current federal gun control laws. Having his weapon on campus was against current VA state law. He broke federal and state laws, those laws did not stop what happened.

What I would like to know is why people think making something against the "law" well solve anything? History itself has proven that wrong far more than Freud has been debunked!
What he did in purchasing the glock was completely legal, he did not have a criminal record, prior to these events, and was therefore legally able to buy said weapon.
April 20th, 2007  
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
His name is God, not Invisible Guy. He's not live in sky. He's in HEAVEN. For your correction. Dismissed.

Thanks,
Ex-Cadet Lieutenant Junior Grade Fox, NJROTC and Plank Owner.
Allow me to dismiss you as well, you are on Ignore, have a nice life Ex-Cadet.
April 20th, 2007  
Team Infidel

pretty soon, Gator will be chatting with himself.
--
April 20th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
What he did in purchasing the glock was completely legal, he did not have a criminal record, prior to these events, and was therefore legally able to buy said weapon.
But according to CNN and Fox, he had a track record with the campus police, his English professor threatened to resign if he wasn't moved out of her class because of his derranged plays and ranting monolouges, and he was admitted to a mental hospital...Now we get to blaming the system...How in the world was someone like THAT attain a weapon of ANY kind?
April 20th, 2007  
senojekips

^^^Goooood Question.^^^
April 20th, 2007  
WNxRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
But according to CNN and Fox, he had a track record with the campus police, his English professor threatened to resign if he wasn't moved out of her class because of his derranged plays and ranting monolouges, and he was admitted to a mental hospital...Now we get to blaming the system...How in the world was someone like THAT attain a weapon of ANY kind?
From what I understand his plays and writings werent outright threatening, as in, they didnt meantion killing anyone. Because of this, the campus had no basis to take any kind of penalizing action against him. The times where he was talked to by the cops for stalking were not taken to the farthest extent because as I understand, the girls in question did not press any sort of charges or take any sort of action against him. Because of this, his record was completely clean.
April 20th, 2007  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
1. He had run-ins with campus police for stalking.

2. At Mental Hospital in 2005 where he was diagnosed as mentally ill and suffering severe depression less than a year before he bought his first gun.

Same thing of what happened last week in Michigan. How was a person able to buy a shotgun when he FAILED a handgun background check (reason not known) just 2 days before.

Shouldn't have these incidents rung any alarm bells? How can anybody say that the current gun control laws work if their are errors as BIG as this.
April 20th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
1. He had run-ins with campus police for stalking.

2. At Mental Hospital in 2005 where he was diagnosed as mentally ill and suffering severe depression less than a year before he bought his first gun.

Same thing of what happened last week in Michigan. How was a person able to buy a shotgun when he FAILED a handgun background check (reason not known) just 2 days before.

Shouldn't have these incidents rung any alarm bells? How can anybody say that the current gun control laws work if their are errors as BIG as this.
Medical records are covered by the privacy act. Can't run background checks and have that come up due to privacy issues.

Failing to be able to purchase a handgun does not preclude you from buying a shotgun. They do not run background checks on rifles and/or shotguns (as far as I know).

So not sure what alarm bells should have been going off . . . apply a little logic and you could have answered your own question.
April 20th, 2007  
KJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey

Regardless the professors could have been CCW permitted
BINGO right there.
April 20th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

C/1Lt Henderson:

Looking at your posts you seem to be questioning the men on the ground at the time. I figure this is due to your ignorance of their tactics and SOPs.

From what I read just in the forum it seems that call 1 made at 1300. Police responded and secured the area. Call 2 was made at 1500. 2 hours later. Plenty of time for the guy to secure the doors and all that he did BEFORE he ever started shooting.

You don't have the facts. You were not there. You have not had the training. As far as I can see you have no right to call anyone to judgement for their actions.