April 19th, 2007  
Team Infidel

This is why I support CCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre

Gator
April 19th, 2007  
Donkey

Do people not really understand that it was already AGAINST THE LAW for Cho to HAVE his WEAPONS (handguns) ON CAMPUS...That stopped NOTHING....

You must be at least 21 in order to own a handgun in the US of A so no we are not talking about 18 year olds or 19 year olds running around with guns.
April 19th, 2007  
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Infidel
Concider yourself Ignored as far as I'm concerned from this point on Major.
Have a nice life.
--
This is why I support CCW
April 19th, 2007  
Team Infidel

woohoo!!
April 19th, 2007  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugfatty
Call me a hard ass but I think they were tad bit slow in there actions.
Prior to the shootings in Norris Hall the shootings in the dormitory were considered part of a domestic dispute and the investigation was centered around the idea that the killer was at large and probably in hiding. Once gunshots broke out in Norris Hall the police realized that this was bigger than a relatively simple double homicide and responded accordingly and swiftly.
April 19th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Prior to the shootings in Norris Hall the shootings in the dormitory were considered part of a domestic dispute and the investigation was centered around the idea that the killer was at large and probably in hiding. Once gunshots broke out in Norris Hall the police realized that this was bigger than a relatively simple double homicide and responded accordingly and swiftly.
So it took them 33 dead people to realize it? The dormitory and Norris Hall are a 15 minute WALK...So running should take what? 8 minutes? Death count and injured count probably would have been lower...
April 19th, 2007  
Damien435

The Norris Hall shootings took place two hours after the first two shootings.
April 19th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Mmhmm...And it took campus police HOW long to respond to the FIRST 9-1-1 call? If the first shootings took place at 1 PM(figuratively, these arent real times)then the second took place at 3, right? Well, 9-1-1 was called after the first shooting, at 1. So, if the police were at the dormitory investigating, and all of a sudden they found out shots were being fired at Norris, then why the hell didn't they get there faster and attempt to disarm said gunman?
April 19th, 2007  
Damien435

Well, Henderson, they were also evacuating a campus with 28,000 students, it's not like they standing around not doing anything. Once you get to college you will have a better understanding of what is going on here, 32 dead is a tragedy but it could have been much worse. There were hundreds, if not thousands of students in that building at the time. These guys are street cops, not SWAT, not ****ing Delta Force, they can't just rush in there guns blazing to try and disarm this guys. And disarm? What the **** do you mean by disarm? Go in like Jackie Chan all quick and quiet and then in one move take both guns apart and kick the guy in the balls? On another forum I visit regularly there is a member who attends Va. Tech and was in a building right next to Norris Hall at the time. He kept posting on those forums every few minutes during the whole thing, first to say that there was a shooting in another dorm and that he was told to stay in his dorm and he was asking us if we knew anything because he didn't have cable and didn't know what was going on, specifically. Then when the shootings started in Norris Hall all hell broke loose. I can post all of his posts on here if you are interested, it will take up a bit of space though.
April 19th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

I never said they weren't doing anything...I saw videos of them huddling behind the trees. 33 are dead now, 28 are still injured, and the entire college will never be the same...Now, you're right, these guys are street cops, and I'm not putting this on the street cops, I'm putting this on SWAT that should have been there. Disarm...Shoot the pecker!