Why you can't know if the American military is the strongest in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleHammer

I know this kind of war isn't Reasonable, but what if the Americans indvade a European country, then their citizens will be just as crazy as the arabs and die for their cause, then include that with good weapons, training and teknology, then i belive the Americans will have sodge losses that the American public will demand a withdrawal.

So in cases where you state that the American Military is the strongest, your right but not by much.

Last edited:
Mod Edit: The remarks that were posted here are considered to be beyond the rules of engagement for this forum. Reread the ROE's and act and post accordingly.

03USMC

Last edited by a moderator:
If America was facing an organized opponent with all that fancy equipment I bet we'd probably bomb first and shoot later.

War isn't simple.
I haven't fought in one, but I've come to understand that it has many layers.

You can't simply say, "They're fighting an enemy that has deadly determination, and advanced technoloy, so they're going to lose."

War is fought with the mind as well as the weapon.
And since people do not all think the same way, nor do they exactly act the same way, you can't predict the way someone will preform in a life-or-death situation until it happens.

You also have to take into consideration the fact that Europe has a completely different scenery than that of Vietnam, or Iraq, and we haven't had any large-scale battles there since WW2.

When im giving facts, just stay out of it dumbass, i don't need someone speaking whose country couldn't defeat some rise farmers, with bad equipment, without the help of the Americans.
I appologise to the rest of the people here, i just think that idiot should shut up.

wow...bit over the top to you think?

EagleHammer, do you mean the present peacetime forces or the forces that would be put in the field if the US goes onto a war footing? The two forces are vastly different things.

wow...bit over the top to you think?

Not only is it over the top, it's pretty inaccurate.
Also it kind of proves my point.
EagleHammer should go see a professional, lie down on a comfortable couch and see what the psychologist makes of his images of Americans invading Sweden.

I don't know why the Swedes talk so much about their glorious military history. They haven't fought a war in over two centuries. That's a lot of talk for a people that haven't done **** to back it up.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality. ~ Dante

I also don't know why 13th redneck is defending the US here when he made a pretty similar statement two weeks ago in this thread. Seems to me like redneck sees the fallacy of this argument when somebody else makes it but can't recognize the problem when he is the one advancing the argument.
EagleHammer, if it makes you feel any better, US power is declining currently and there isn't any real suggestion to say there will be a reversal in this trend. It may be a long time before the US can actually find itself winning an armed conflict... it might be a long time before the US military and intelligence agencies will be granted the legal backing to do their jobs. By then it might be too late.
Who gives a crap if you've got the most accurate sniper rifle assigned to the best sniper in the world under your command if it is illegal to use him in any meaningful manner?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back