Why American News Stinks

The Other Guy

Spam King
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=4642955

Seems like a pretty dull article. It is. But the interesting part is when you listen to the accompanying video:
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4643201

In the Video, Hadley repeatedly talks about unrest in Nepal as to a reason to possibly protest at the Olympics. However, the unrest is not in Nepal, it is in Tibet.

The part that makes it rich is that ABC News changed Hadley's quotes to say Tibet instead of what he really said about times, Nepal.

That's why I get my news from BBC or another foreign website. I can't trust the American Media not to change the story to make it more exciting. :box:

I watch the BBC too.

My problem with the US news media is that it becomes Entertainment. I mean given the Choice of

A). Bush suspends the right of Habeaus Corpus
B). Brittney Spears gets new boob job.

Guess which story they will run?

And worse is the new phenomena of NOT running stories that might offend the White House, or pass political propaganda as actual news. And of course there is the the practice of manipulating the facts.

Last edited:
I've never been able to watch Faux News with a straight face. It's entertaining until you realize there are people out here who actually use this station for NEWS. They should just call it the Republican Propaganda Channel. CNN is a joke too. They're less biased but they focus on absolutely inane stories that no one cares about, especially about celebrities. Occasionally a cat stuck in a tree or something like that. There are a LOT more important things going on in the world that you could be using that airtime for. Let the local news stations focus on the irrelevant details. PBS is the only station I can stomach, because they actually report on significant events. But I have to look away when they say something extremely biased towards the left, or start begging for money, both of which happen somewhat frequently.

I prefer BBC, but really any "talking head" TV news is a waste of time unless they've got footage. I prefer to read news otherwise.

People accuse CNN of being Liberally Bias, but that's just wrong. Its neither liberally nor conservatively bias. Its policy is take no no position on anything which is why it follows news stories that are not news worthy.

And People (even on milforum) do watch FOX NEWS as absolute truth. I am sorry to say that the people who watch FOX do so not for getting information but for confirmation of their narrow viewpoints, they don't care if its true or not.

This I blame Ronald Reagan on, if he hadnt so stupidly deregulated the Federal airwaves the media would be the s*** it is today.

People accuse CNN of being Liberally Bias, but that's just wrong. Its neither liberally nor conservatively bias. Its policy is take no no position on anything which is why it follows news stories that are not news worthy.

I'd say that MSNBC is much more left than CNN...

BBC and CNN are very bad in China now
Because they lie

====
I am very poor English
-------------------------------------------------------

If its all lies, then why does China go to such lengths to shield itself from it as CNN and the BBC are both blocked, as are most western news outlets. If its all lies then what could they be afraid of?

One doesn't hide from lies my friend, one only hides from the truth.

Prejudice
Fixed thinking
not seen China tremendous changes ---
In western countries, China has the most despised country is France

Only dictatorships block out foreign ideas. America and France do NOT block out Chinese News (I can watch Chinese Xinhua news here if I want) because the USA and Europe don't have anything to fear from Chinese propaganda. As I said before, one doesn't hide from the truth unless they are afraid of it.

Here is another question: How do you know if the CNN and BBC are all lies if you never actually watch yourself? Is it because the Chinese Government told you so?

Last edited:
I hope you have the same point of view of your own

Here is another question: How do you know if the CNN and BBC are all True
if you never actually watch yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
my dad watches CNN and sometimes i find myself laughing at him for it, agreed, news is entertainment for the masses with maybe a shot of important info, which most likely has been severely altered.

I never said I didn't watch it. I do watch it, I just happen to prefer the BBC and the BBC is blocked in China too.

That's the difference between me and you, I can experienced something myself and can make my own decision if its bad or good, whereas you have been told its bad but have never actually experienced it yourself. You are never going to know what the western media says unless you actually watch it yourself, without the filters. As I said i can watch XinHua here and nobody blocks me from doing so.

Experience something for yourself first, then decide if its bad. Don't let others make your opinions for you, you are not a robot.

Last edited:
I do happen to watch both of them, quite often.

And while I do think that American news is frequently biased to make it look more exciting, at least they don't block out some parts completely. If they were doing that they wouldn't even show the video.

I just want to hear or see what happened, not hear the "reporter`s" ideas of what, why, and how. If a commentator wants to inject those ideas, that`s different, I don`t have to read or listen to them. When news is reported, I don`t want to hear their spin on it. "Just the facts ma`am."

I just want to hear or see what happened, not hear the "reporter`s" ideas of what, why, and how. If a commentator wants to inject those ideas, that`s different, I don`t have to read or listen to them. When news is reported, I don`t want to hear their spin on it. "Just the facts ma`am."

That's why I watch BBC and visit this forum. :p

Back