When do you Switch from Diplomacy to Action? - Page 2

--
When do you Switch from Diplomacy to Action?

September 25th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

When did I switch from Diplomacy to Action? At 8:32am EST on 9-11-01. That's when.

'Nuff Said

Luis (5.56X45MM)

PS - We sould of switched from Diplomacy to Action back when the Twin Towers were bombed the first go around.
September 25th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
When did I switch from Diplomacy to Action? At 8:32am EST on 9-11-01. That's when.

'Nuff Said

Luis (5.56X45MM)

PS - We sould of switched from Diplomacy to Action back when the Twin Towers were bomn the first go around.
Best answer, Luis.
September 25th, 2005  
phoenix80

hey Luis

are you on Freerepublic.com ?
--
September 27th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

Nope, never heard of it.
September 27th, 2005  
ironhorseredleg

I think you all are saying pretty much the same thing very well. One difference I have is about going from diplomacy to action on 9/11/01. The attacks on that day were disgusting, and deserved a swift and terrible response. However, using that attack and the fear of another to attack country after country, we set ourselves (US) up to become global bullies. It's not only important that diplomacy be the first attempt in every international dispute, but force must always be used only as a final effort to resolve critical, life-threatening disputes.
September 27th, 2005  
AlexKall

Soviet and Sweden is a good example of how long diplomacy can be withheld besides countless things that has shocken the process. A big tanks to that is Spies usually the people who keep bad things from happening if they do their job

A good read is a book that has been written by an ex KGB spy/agent that worked in Sweden. And yes, he was well known by SÄPO (our Security police service, stands för kerhetspolisen) took about 2 months before they know who he was and what he was doing in Sweden and kept him under a short leach, but still continnued the diplomacy as Sweden has had as the first way to deal with things. The book is unfortently in Swedish.