What War Would You Have Been In?

I'm sorry man, i don't understand... Why are u amazed at the whole topic of conversation here? I'm probably just having a slow day.

Rich.

ozmilman said:
I'm sorry man, i don't understand... Why are u amazed at the whole topic of conversation here? I'm probably just having a slow day.

Rich.

The topic is about what war would you have wanted to be in. Those who have not gone to war, name wars they would want to be in as if it would be fun. And those who have gone to war and experienced its worst understand that no one should be wanting to be in a war.

Though I have not been to war, I believe serving in one is more a matter of duty, than it is of desire.

Oh okay, i thought the whole point of the thread was that if we HAD to go to a war, what war would you have preferred it to be... I don't wanna go to war at all, but i thought the question was 'what if we HAD to".

Rich.

ozmilman said:
Oh okay, i thought the whole point of the thread was that if we HAD to go to a war, what war would you have preferred it to be... I don't wanna go to war at all, but i thought the question was 'what if we HAD to".

Rich.
You're right and that's what I'm amazed at. It's nothing personal toward any of the posters but it's the tone of the whole thread. I'm not going to lecture anyone on just how anything but glamorous war truly is. Others have already said it better than I can.

For me I would choose Iraq, and the Pacific Theatre. BUT for the Iraq theatre youd have to give me a L115A or a M24 Sniper rifle and ill be on my marry way.

And for the Pacific theatre youd give me the SPRINGFIELD.

By the sounds of some of the posts (eg. the above example) it appears as though a lot of people seem to think it's like a computer game. There is nothing glamorous about war. I wouldn't wish having to go to war on anybody. I would have been proud to serve my country in any campaign, but I don't think many of the posters realise just what they are saying.

it wasnt meant to be like a computer game as i dont want this post locked, i just meant, what war would you of chose to be in, and the second question is what is your familys military history.

I'd volunteer for any war where the politicians were doing the fighting (you know nobody's going to get hurt in a war like that - and the food and beverage would be first class)

Rich said:
I'd volunteer for any war where the politicians were doing the fighting (you know nobody's going to get hurt in a war like that - and the food and beverage would be first class)

you are wrong...! Remember Vietnam.

LBJ let the politicians run the war and too many lives lost.

But if the pollies actually went in with m16's and fought the war themselves, that would be heaps better.

Rich.

ozmilman said:
But if the pollies actually went in with m16's and fought the war themselves, that would be heaps better.

Rich.

Alot did. Senator John McCain was a POW in the Vietnam War and John Kerry :shock: was in Vietnam.

I was discharged before VietNam fired up so I guess I was a Cold Warrior. When I finished my 3 years active duty, I was assigned to the 8th Army Corps for three years before I could get my discharge. I never want to go through that again. I think I'd just as soon to been in a reinforcement Bd and sent on over.

Back