What? Must be the same M1A1 everytime.

Possibly...

Im wondering though... How did they capture an m1abram in the first place? Don't the American military destroy abandoned/captured M1's

Charge_7 said:
Is it even our's? The Saudies have M1A1s also.

So does Kuwait. I repair the FLIR on Saudi and Kuwaiti M1A1s every day. There are more countries who have acquired them from those countries but I can guarantee that the driver's systems won't be operational.

Notice the dirt mound in front.

May be used to keep people from seeing the stilts and props holding the molded steel up.

Charge_7 said:
Is it even our's? The Saudies have M1A1s also.

coming from the SGT that has been there and done that, you are quite correct charge 7. During the first Gulf War, the Iraqis happily captured a few of Kuwait's M-1 tanks. During my drive during OIF, I saw 3 of those Kuwaiti M-1 tanks. At first, I thought that they were from the American forces during OIF. Upon closer examination, I saw the tanks had no American markings common of the current tank force.

uh, yeah, upon further inspection I have to say considering that is Saddam-era Iraqi state sponsored TV looks like that's an Kuwaiti M1A1.

What's really sad is that something like capturing a tank is an important event, worthy of national news coverage by the mustached commando.

I am not sure if this is true for the Saudis and Kuwatis but most(and maybe all) of the M1's we export aren't fully up'ed like ours are. Some have steel amour, diesel engines, etc. Once again I am not sure what countries get what though.

texasrebel211 said:
I am not sure if this is true for the Saudis and Kuwatis but most(and maybe all) of the M1's we export aren't fully up'ed like ours are. Some have steel amour, diesel engines, etc. Once again I am not sure what countries get what though.

No M1 has had a diesel engine. The Saudi's and Kuwati's have the M1A2 and they have eveything ours does, except the SEP and AIM and the FCS is dated and all we have to do is shut down the crypto on them and that it.

Back