What are the Most Powerful Nations in Africa??

--

December 3rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Topic: What are the Most Powerful Nations in Africa??

Just what it said up there. I'm curious, what are the strongest nations on that nutty continent? Every other continent has easier answers to that question.
Asia: China, India, Russia
North America: USA
South America: Brazil
Europe: UK, France, Germany, Russia (many others, but you know who they are for sure).
Australia: well that one is really obvious!

Africa seems less obvious.
December 3rd, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

South Africa or Egypt?
December 3rd, 2004  
Damien435

Personally, I would have to say Egypt and South Africa.

This is why I do not like people criticizing the US about the Sudan, that is right in Egypt's backyard and it is Muslim Arabs killing native Africans, let Egypt step in and South Africa can provide some financial support.

And why can't Saudi Arabia try to help? It is not like they are short on money.

Or how about the UN? Kofi Annan has said that he get's less respect from the US and EU because he is black, well if he made a proposal to the Security-Council to end the Genocide in Sudan and made sure to use the word Genocide the UN would be bound by their charter to intervene.

And how many times are we gonna have to say never again?
--
December 3rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

It would be nice if the USA's hands weren't tied on the Sudan mess. We did Afganistan and Iraq, so now everything we do is wrong. I think France is trying to do something over in Sudan actually. Anyone know details?

Also, Republic of Congo seems to have tremendous potential if it can maintain a stable government. Egypt and South Africa are stable governments, so they are the most powerful by default.
December 3rd, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
It would be nice if the USA's hands weren't tied on the Sudan mess. We did Afganistan and Iraq, so now everything we do is wrong. I think France is trying to do something over in Sudan actually. Anyone know details?
Probably trying to sell weapons to the Arabs in the north.
December 3rd, 2004  
Xion

Most influential nations in africa = South Africa and Nigeria

Democratic Republic Of The Congo ( formerly known as Zaire ) has the potential too.

Egypt though geographically is in Africa is considered a part of Middle East.
December 3rd, 2004  
AussieNick

Egypt and South Africa, although the Congo has the resources (diamonds) to be powerful, I'd also say that the Sudan had potential, in the sense that it could cut off Egypts water supply.
December 3rd, 2004  
Xion

How come all of you fail to notice Nigeria, I don't think Egypt is considered a part of Africa even though it geographically is.Not even sure if its a part of the African Union.
December 3rd, 2004  
Trevor

There is also places like Cameroon, Tanzania and Angola which also have potential.
December 3rd, 2004  
Ezechiel

South Africa -- Economy

Egypt -- Military