what medals and ribbons do YOU have? - Page 6

--

July 30th, 2005  
LeEnfield

In Britain medals are a bit of rarity, most of them indicates that you have at least served in a combat zone. The few that you can get awarded with out getting shot at is a Good Conduct Medal mind you it takes 22 years of unblemished service to get one. The other one is the Queen will occasional award a special medal to celebrate some thing like her Golden Jubilee, and is it this that you will see Prince Harry wearing. When I was in the forces you would only get one medal and they would give a clasp for every combat zone that you served in. This Medal is the General Service Medal and I know people that have eight clasps on their single medal. It was not until the Falklands war did things change, although there was one for Korea and that is a 30 year gap also medals awarded by the United Nations has added to some of troops total.
August 1st, 2005  
Charge 7

Sounds good to me, LeEnfield. I prefer the British and Commonwealth perception of medals and ribbons or at least the USMC one. I have so many Army medals and ribbons I look like frickin' Patton in my dress greens. I hate it! At least in mess dress blues or whites it's medals only which cuts it down a bit.
August 2nd, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Time for an update

The one next to the solid green one I haven't recieved it yet but i figure i'm authorized enough since they let you wear the pip once your Mitchell has been posted. It goes: Unit Citation, Mitchell, Armstrong, Goddard, Doolittle, Lindbergh, Rickenbacker, Wright Brothers, Feik, Arnold, Curry, Red Service, Cadet Community Service, Encampment (3 times), Cadet Recruiter. But I don't wear them that much. Only when in full dress blues.

--
August 18th, 2005  
LeEnfield

We have Military Cadets here in Britain, they get no medals or ribbons at all.
August 18th, 2005  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
well...

i got a bunch of them but i really dont care much about them anymore...my son thinks they look pretty
My thoughts too!
August 18th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Curry Ribbon

Arnold Ribbon

AFA Ribbon and Medal (Air Force Assosiation)

Encampment Ribbon
August 18th, 2005  
FO Seaman

As a matter of fact I have to put them back on my Class B's tonight, crap.
August 20th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Mitchell (not yet, but give it a few weeks) Armstrong, Goddard, Doolittle, Lindbergh, Rickenbacker, Wright Brothers, Arnold, Curry, Red Service, National Cadet Special Activities, Encampment (2 times)
September 14th, 2005  
MightyMacbeth

a mid 1800's Emperor Joseph of Austia Hungary service medal, and a ww1 Duch patriticipation medal.
January 4th, 2006  
SILKEN THOMAS

Campaign Service medal 1922 with Bar 'Malaya'

Campaign Service medal 1962 with Bars 'Malaya'
'Borneo'
'Northern Ireland'

Long Service and Good Conduct Medal for 18 years undetected crime.