What makes a Soldier a Soldier?

No MERCY

what makes a soldier? The soldier is a man of pride and courage. Or is it the fact that he is a murderer and likes the fact that he gets paid to kill! if you can tell me why I would be honoered to talk to you.

A soldier risks his life to protect and defend his country. He kills one man to save four others. He gets paid to feed his family. And he does a whole lot more than wat i said

k

a soldier is willing to die/kill because-
1 he is protecting his buddies
2 he is protecting his family
3 he is protecting his country

at least in my opinion, in combat people are not so patriotic as much as they are driven by a need to survive and help there buddies make it.

:evil:
I have no idea what you are trying to imply.
but alike all services its paying your debt to society and showing some pride for the country you reside in.
ARMY is alike any other service
The service member resides in the US works like any other American and gets paid by the same society. There is no difference what he does or how he does it.

He is a protector, thats his job in the military.

It varies from person to person. For one, instinct may make a person a good soldier, another person may make a good soldier becuase they have an iron will and determination. Keep in mind that all soldiers deserve our respect, however all soldiers are not good soldiers. Some do not belong...

I think a Soldier is a person who has the moral conviction to give back to the society, of which he is a product of, by defending that society and its interests.

It is the soldier, not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier,
who salutes the flag,
who serves under the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Stephen Ambrose

This is a discussion and answer I gave in the Poll: Should Women Be In The Military..

SilverPhoenix:

But some are made for it..

Reply: SilverPhoenix please explain what you mean because I don't believe anyone is "made" for the Military.

Explanation:

Yeah, You are right about no one is made for it.

Damn, this will be hard to explain.

But there is those who have always wanted to work in the military.

Such as I have wanted, and a few other tomboys I know of.

And when you have always wanted to work for the military then you should at least go for it.

Not that I have that movie passion about the army.

I dont think it will be glorious and so on at all.

and I don't expect anything out from the military.

I do what I can do, and do it with all I can.

And I won't either give up the dream to work or at least be a soldier in the swedish army.

Damn this will be hard to explain, but I will say this straigth out without trying to think before I type it down.

I love to be iin service and stay weeks in the woods. I love the thing to do a danm hard job and work with all you got.

I ain't a girl who sits and whine about getting dirt under the nails.

I want to be one of those soldiers who have to lay down in the woods waiting for hours when it's raining.

And I aint on of those who wan'ts to run out in war to fight, because that is the last thing everyone needs.

I will shoot if I would be in a situation where I have to shoot.

I won't ever aim at a target without a damn good reason.

I love the way military works, and Sweden has a really good defence system, though we don't stand a chance against bigger armies.

Anyways, I wan't to at least do something.

If that times comes where Sweden would have to go into war, I refuse to sit and watch and flee for my life.

I couldn't live with the thought that I fled when the Swedish people needed me, and to not forget my own country.

To flee from that is no honour at all, it's no self honour and that is a disgrace for Sweden though they don't see it as that I see it as that.

There are thousands of families and kids.. Who shouldn't have to wtach a war.

I do these for the kids especially, because they are our future, and they are those who get wounded both mentally and physically in wars.

I wan't to protect those kids as I am one of those who problaby can't have kids as far as I know.

And I am born in Sweden and of Sweden, And that means that every citizen of Sweden.. is a part of me.

and I will maybe die if a war would come, but damn, I would die with honour, to know that I at least did do everything I could to defend a part of me.

And maybe I die, but the people who remember me I will live inside of.

And I don't care of the immigrants either, because they have have been through war, mostly everyone, and Sweden helps them more then I know that any country helps them.

Its my duty to serve Sweden, and it's my duty to help and protect those who live in Sweden.

I would hate to go into war, but I would do anything to make sure I would in some way keep Sweden safe.

I fear war, but I don't fear to die.

Because I have been in situations where I have faced death so many times to keep fearing him. I repsect death and do not wish o die.

But everyones time comes somewhere in the life.

And I will damn right die with the pride and honour to have served the Swedish army and the Swedish People.

And that in my thought, makes a good soldier..

Maybe you guys don't agree with me.

But that's how I would see a good soldier.

I will end the post here, because this post is a über-post..

I hope you know understand what I meant..

~SilverPhoenix~

i think the army values do

Loyatly
Duty
Respect
Selfnesis
Honor
Intergerty
Personal courage

all those spell Leadership

What makes me a soldier? At first, I could not give a clear answer. I did not join the army because of the honor or my "will" to serve. I joined because I had no will to go to college and I felt the army would be a good place for me while I decided what to do with my life. After a rough start, I became very good at my job. Since I am in combat arms, being good at my job means killing the enemy before he kills me or my fellow soldiers. I got out of the army to go to college, but I had to drop out after 1 year because of high tuition. In November 2002, I was deployed to Kuwait and then Iraq. While I was over there, I found my answer.

I am a soldier because that is what I am meant to do.

Yes, a soldier must be proud of his profession.

But in the world of politics, a soldier or soldiers are just merely pawns in the hands of politicians... they do the controlling.

you are trained in arms and you are trained to obey orders.. that's a good soldier.

RnderSafe said:
Oh boy ... :roll:

*Grunts*

Pogue said:
It is the soldier, not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
who has given us the freedom to strate.
It is the soldier, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier,
who salutes the flag,
who serves under the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Stephen Ambrose

I was going to post this, but then I thought 'This is not what makes a soldier a soldier. This is what a soldier does.' I think what makes a soldier what he is would be the FACT that this is what he does.[/i]

funny how I havent seen GI Bill, impress chicks, and get out of parents house for a job because local town has deadend ones lol. There are people who join for that, so dont go snubbing your nose because I didnt put what everyone wanted to hear.

Well I did go into the Army for the college money, but that is not what made me a soldier. The college cash only motivated me to go into the service. Once I was in, the college money would not matter until I got out. For me, it was all fate. Being a soldeir is what I am suppose to do.

Back