What was the best WWII Film? - Page 3

View Poll Results :What was the best WWII Film?
Band of Brothers (has right to be called a film) 23 40.35%
Saving Private Ryan 16 28.07%
Tora Tora Tora 4 7.02%
A Bridge Too Far 3 5.26%
Enemy At The Gates 2 3.51%
The Longest Day 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 22nd, 2004  
A Can of Man

I voted a Bridge Too Far.

Hmmm no mention of The Thin Red Line? lol.
December 24th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

Saving Private Ryan, I think every American should be required by law to watch it. It's less of a "war" movie and more of a inspirational movie.

When the mother get the telegrams of her 3 sons deaths, and you can see the picture of her sons on the table its hard not to cry. How could a parent go on after something like that?

Plus hands down it has the most realistic combat I have ever seen. Good try Band of Brothers, but Saving Private Ryan is a beautiful movie.
December 24th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Saving Private Ryan did a GREAT job of doing where lots of war movies fail, connecting with humanity.
Lots of movies try and fail or just don't try at all.
I felt The Thin Red Line just tried to overdo the connecting with humanity that it almost started to drip of it. It felt very forced.
I felt a lot for the Captain who's only justification of sending men to their deaths was shattered with this new assignment, but through the stuggle he actually found peace within himself.
Truly a beautiful story.
--
Boots
December 24th, 2004  
EagleZtrike

I like Pearl Harbor because its so inspirational.
December 24th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

I think Pearl Harbor had potential to be a good movie, but was ruined by a love story.
December 25th, 2004  
EagleZtrike

Well the love part did give it a better storyline I think. Gave it more emotion and meaning.
December 25th, 2004  
A Can of Man

urgh... the cheap romance tends to ruin a lot of movies.
I can tell you that more recent Korean movies cut that out and improved DRAMATICALLY and now get pretty good reviews in Europe. I'm glad they finally learned no one cares for that "oooh I love you" stuff.
January 5th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

Enemy at the gates was good but the language didn't just fit in I guess russians didn't bothered making a film of their own, I've seen only one russian war movie that was spoken and acted by russians.
January 6th, 2005  
Charge 7

I see I'm in the majority. Nuff said.
January 6th, 2005  
Locke

has anyone seen "bridge over the river kwai"??
i haven't, but iv heard its meant to be very good