Watercolors - Page 11

--

March 2nd, 2013  
rcleary171

I'm weak (among other things) in the background department. I am trying to improve my landscaping skills with this picture. I realize it is not a military picture but one could imagine it being a preserved battlefield (which it is not).

March 3rd, 2013  
MontyB

I like it, you can see what everything is meant to be without over loading on detail, the colouring matches the tree and the tree is surprisingly detailed and gives the impression of the time being around autumn.
March 6th, 2013  
rcleary171

South Carolina soldier unfurling the flag.

--
March 9th, 2013  
rcleary171

Taking aim in a wheat field.

March 20th, 2013  
rcleary171

Mounted Trooper:

March 27th, 2013  
rcleary171

Having a little painter's block - here is something a little different.

March 28th, 2013  
MontyB

hehe given the number of paintings you have produced in your short time here I am not surprised that you have reached an impasse.

Have you looked at doing more WW1/2 battlefield scenes as I think you do them very well?
March 29th, 2013  
rcleary171

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
hehe given the number of paintings you have produced in your short time here I am not surprised that you have reached an impasse.

Have you looked at doing more WW1/2 battlefield scenes as I think you do them very well?
Good idea - time for me to start scanning for photos.
March 30th, 2013  
rcleary171

Here is a pencil/watercolor sketch of an anti-tank gun.

March 30th, 2013  
MontyB

It is odd to see an AT gun without the protective shield, not sure I would be happy using one given how close to the action and how exposed you would have to be.