May 20th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCdt Steliga
Nope. I only know of the base there.
What base is that ?
May 20th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Shilo, Manitoba. If I'm right, it's an Artillery base.
--
May 20th, 2004  
GUNNER

Yes that's right, home station of 1RCHA (Royal Canadian Horse Artillery) soon home to 2PPCLI(Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry)

GUNNER
May 20th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCdt Steliga
Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Shilo, Manitoba. If I'm right, it's an Artillery base.
Pretty unusual for me to find enthusiastic comments about the Canadian military from a Canadian... lol
Whats the rough size of it ?
May 20th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGuy4US
Pretty unusual for me to find enthusiastic comments about the Canadian military from a Canadian... lol
Whats the rough size of it ?
Well, regardless of how much our military is being downgraded by our government, I still stand firm with it.

And, I don't know the size of CFB Shilo as I've never been there.
May 21st, 2004  
GUNNER

It's a pretty small base actually but we have a tremendously large training area, thats why militaries from around the world come to our base, the germans just left after serving here a few years and now there is talk about the french army coming to use our training area(we don't shoot in the summer, too many fires :P )

GUNNER
May 21st, 2004  
AFSteliga

4 Wing Cold Lake, AB is pretty much the same for training area. Air Forces from around the world use it for training exercises. CFB Gagetown has a rather large weapons range as well. I think that base is Arty as well.
May 21st, 2004  
GUNNER

No CFB Gagetown is not an ARTY base, it only has one Artillery battery, it is a training base so it trains every trade pretty much, it is a fairly large base though.

GUNNER
May 21st, 2004  
AFSteliga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNNER
No CFB Gagetown is not an ARTY base, it only has one Artillery battery, it is a training base so it trains every trade pretty much, it is a fairly large base though.

GUNNER
Whoops, my bad. Sorry about that. Guess I don't know as much about the Army as I thought. Maybe I'll stick to talking about the Air Force.