Wanting to join a pmc but have no clue how to start

RipPlE

Hey i know i need some sort of training experience and in the field. I want to join a pmc but i need to know the programs to go to or the required fields....can ya help
:rambo:

First you'd better apply to join one of the Armed Forces, then see if you can qualify for SF and do several tours in a combat zone. It's no guarantee but at least they might let you submit an application then.

You don't need to be ex-SF, but it helps. A lot of contractors are ex-military or law enforcement. The money isn't what it used to be. Lots of Asian and Eastern European types are getting jobs these days and undercutting the Westerners.

Going through the process of becoming a soldier or a cop for a few years just to get a dangerous, moderately paid, and poorly supported job in crap locations doesn't make much sense to me.

Maybe young people should find something else to do instead of playing computer games all day.
You can’t reboot in the real world.

Right on, I honestly don't understand why 90 % of young males today think they will be entitled to a huge testosterone and ego boosting action movie appeal by becoming either a private contractor or Special Operations these days.

Simple, hoolyweed.

The utter missrepresentation of what a Special operators or a PMC,s day intails.

It´s all about the DA missions, and so it goes..

KJ sends..

well im not wanting to join because of my ego..99% of my family served in the armed forces. i know how the world works and i know there isnt any redos i have my reasons to do wat i do

Talk to these kind experianced folks here on the IMF and they will tell you, ask them about the sacrfices you will have to make to live that lifestyle, ask them about the changes you will have to go through to achieve it, and maybe even the difference between the private sector and standard Uniformed Service.

I am sure they can iterate more clearly what I am talking about.

And this is by no means me trying to be confrontational, but I am saying this in a very honest sense, you should really really check all your convictions and your "reasons", it's easy say "I'ma gonna be a PMC" when you are 17...

Try and study the industry, everything from the lawsuits to the moral debates, most importantly get a list of your "reasons" and try and find and talk to those who have been there.

Sadly I will openly state that my generalized advice ends at that point, I cannot nor shall not claim experiance in these fields.

But lastly, look in the mirror, and ask yourself if you are willing to deal with the changes that can come with a career in such a field.

Last edited:
I thought I had the works figured out at 17.
I'm only 22 and barely understand how my own world functions now, let alone a different cultures.

well im not wanting to join because of my ego..99% of my family served in the armed forces. i know how the world works and i know there isnt any redos i have my reasons to do wat i do
Ok, a very simple question, why would you be a PMC?

Right on, I honestly don't understand why 90 % of young males today think they will be entitled to a huge testosterone and ego boosting action movie appeal by becoming either a private contractor or Special Operations these days.

Indeed. I'm working at a shared location this week where some blokes with shaggy hair and beards (no, not hippies or the Navy) are sitting aound twiddling their thumbs in case someone does something naughty near the Queen. Days and days of waiting to go into short-notice action that probably won't happen. Not exactly the stuff of Hollywood or X-Box.

You are 17 years old... I am 40 with just under 20 years time is service and I don't have it figured out. Grow up a bit, join the military and then consider going into a PMC organization. Without core experience you will end up getting yourself and others killed..

Back