Violence on Iraqi POWs. - Page 4

--

May 12th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSunsetSniper
The 'soldier' looked like he was about 14 years old (small and skinny) and he had long black hair.
I believe you are referring to Pfc Lynndie England, a female Soldier.
May 12th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Sunset, then I guess you better tell the Army to call off their months long investigations. Those photos were confirmed long before the media got their wee grubby hands on them.
May 12th, 2004  
DTop

I understand your mistrust of the media but President Bush's apology wasn't enough of a confirmation? There was also Gen Kimmitt among others who seem to believe the images were real.
--
May 12th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSunsetSniper
Honestly (though Iíve seen no proof that these were real. I've not heard a CO or anybody from the unit say that it actually happened) I don't believe that those photos are real.
The photos has been confirmed several times on TV the last 48 hours (at least here in Norway), by Bush and high ranking officers..

But I believe that the British photos haven't been confirmed (yet).
I saw Blair on the News just now, and he doubted that they were real....
We'll see....
May 12th, 2004  
Achilles

all this stuff about the iraqis getting tortured is just the liberals latest sceme to knock out donald rumsfeld, I think that rumsfelds a great guy and hes doing a rockin good gob of doin his job,

bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: quote by unknown wrestler.
May 12th, 2004  
Eric

Come on guys....pixs are real and problem is real....
Uncovered by the military and investigated since January!
The same will certainly apply to the Brits!
Sure enough, in this troubled political time for Bush and Blair, trying to delay the publicity over the abuses made sense but now that it is in the open and that we know it has been under investigation, and that the culprits are paying the price, let us move on.
For some reason, boredom or mediatic anesthesia, America is completely out of phase with the war....it feels like it wasn't ours anymore until the abuses showed up and the crowd of lemmings felt betrayed and humiliated because these acts are so not like us....
Sure! just read the newspapers...everyday some outstanding citizens molest children, murder senior citizens, torture women, drive by and shoot....
And now is the self flaggelation stuff with public hearings and vocal outrages from about everybody while the rat throw responsibilities at each other...and the hard core inmate that were abused get lawyers...
I can't wait to see Jesse Jackson (is he related to Michael? ) volunteer to represent them!
Look at what we are doing, at what happened within A DAY to another video filmed beheaded American (gone form the first pages) and compare it to what the Israelis are currently doing: risking an all out civil war + more casualties just to recover body parts!
Can we learn?
May 13th, 2004  
GUNNER

I want you to ask that question next time a coalition member or an innocent civilian is dragged in front of a camera and shot in the head for all the world to see. I also want you to ask that question next time we see burned and mutilated bodies being dragged through the streets.

it's not that i like the enemy or anything but it's the fact that our army was cought on camera and put forth for the world to see that bothers me.

GUNNER
May 13th, 2004  
Achilles

The *&$#@*$*&#*&(!? media should stop running this country with mushy, gushy if-its-not-sensational-dont-over-size-it-throw-it-in-the-shadows, and start doing what they did during WWII, support our troops in the field, not try to bring them home!!! the mainstream media is a pack of anti-war, anti-jew pro-BS, loose minded jargon, and if you dont agree with me id be more than happy to disscuss it with you.
May 13th, 2004  
Italian Guy

right.
May 13th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by about face
The *&$#@*$*&#*&(!? media should stop running this country with mushy, gushy if-its-not-sensational-dont-over-size-it-throw-it-in-the-shadows, and start doing what they did during WWII, support our troops in the field, not try to bring them home!!! the mainstream media is a pack of anti-war, anti-jew pro-BS, loose minded jargon, and if you dont agree with me id be more than happy to disscuss it with you.
Keep it calm there, about face.