Venezuela to Replace U.S. F-16 Fighters With Russian Su-35s - Page 4

--

May 7th, 2012  
hamidreza

Quote:
To keep from escalating tensions. You would also need to explain how close they got to it. You are only allowed a certain amount of space close to U.S ships before being fired on.
10 km around the US Aircraft carrier is zone and no plane, ship or anything else allows to enter this zone. but this low in Persian gulf doesn't have any mean.
the below video shows the Iranian Marine Police boats close to one of the US warship. about 500 meter.
http://www.parsvi.com/video/7315/%D8...8C%DA%A9%D8%A7
and the below link shows the movie took several years ago by one Iranian drone from Ronald Reagan Aircraft carrier about 25 minutes.
http://www.aparat.com/v/4739d8dbd05d...40b83ea6820584
Quote:
You should flash yourself back to how well U.S handled Iran's navy during Iraq-Iran war before thinking Speedboats are going to be entirely successful.
you talk about an involvement which occurred about 25 years ago when Iranian new government ( after revolution 79) was involving in a 8 years war with Iraq and her supporters( Arabian dollars and west and east weapons). Although we lost 2 warship in this war but the main point is that we didn't scare to have another involvement with the US at that bad condition.
May 8th, 2012  
Abbadon2012

Iranian speedboats? That's the secret weapon?

Outside the arsenal carried by the US warships, there are also helicopters and SWCC boats. They're not gonna repeat a USS Cole type of attack while they've got a whole task force present, and all eyes are on the sea.
May 8th, 2012  
RayManKiller3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidreza
10 km around the US Aircraft carrier is zone and no plane, ship or anything else allows to enter this zone. but this low in Persian gulf doesn't have any mean.
the below video shows the Iranian Marine Police boats close to one of the US warship. about 500 meter.
and the below link shows the movie took several years ago by one Iranian drone from Ronald Reagan Aircraft carrier about 25 minutes.

you talk about an involvement which occurred about 25 years ago when Iranian new government ( after revolution 79) was involving in a 8 years war with Iraq and her supporters( Arabian dollars and west and east weapons). Although we lost 2 warship in this war but the main point is that we didn't scare to have another involvement with the US at that bad condition.

You seem to not be thinking this through. When a nation is in a state of war, their military assets are prepared for immediate strike or defense. Heli's will decimate any chance of speedboats getting close to any ship of importance. Speedboats would not help Iran at all in a naval conflict with the likes of U.S. You may say 25 years ago, but it would be no different.

Sometimes it is a good idea to be smart instead of brave... It is not about being scared of U.S or any other greater power. You guys lost unnecessary lives by trying to compete with U.S who actually gave your troops and sailors warnings of attack to prevent loss of life. Now imagine a U.S actually trying to decimate your Navy (without warnings) and you will see that 25 years is not much time to prepare against it.
--
May 8th, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:

There's a huge difference in ROE in peace time and war. The Iranians were able to get so close because they were not seen as a threat. The ROE of the USN in peace time does not allow to destroy anything that gets too close. In wartime it does. So all those supposed close encounters will not happen in wartime. Their mission will stop as soon as they are within range of the USN defense systems.
May 8th, 2012  
Der Alte

These types of boats was also used by Germany, Italy and Japan during the war. It was no great success. And with the defensive weapons systems we have today; Well ............!
May 9th, 2012  
hamidreza

I didn’t say no doubt the speedboats would be successful in a naval conflict with the US. I just did a comparison between the speedboats and warship in Persian Gulf. I think according to Persian Gulf geographical conditions, using speedboats is more practical for Iran than using warships. Those are cheap, small and a lot, some of them has a speed about 65-70 Nat, some of them are equipped to 35km and 15-20km rang cruise missiles (Nasr 1 and Kosar), some of them are equipped to air defense system, some of them are unmanned, they discovered by radar hardly and the most important thing is that all of those have been made in Iran.
In the Persian Gulf where the average deep is about 50 m and the widest part is about 180 km and with limited shipping zones that can be more restricted by mines, Using small speedboats or midgets is more practical than big warships. Admiral Fox talks were about these threats.
And it is why when the likelihood of conflict be increased, the US transfers their Aircraft carrier quickly to the India Ocean and come back with Franc and Britain warships. The last transfer was when Iran was preparing to do a maneuver around the Hormuz Strait.
May 9th, 2012  
Der Alte

I am afraid that it is a dead horse.
You can not outrun a helicopter or fighter aircraft.
May 14th, 2012  
KJ

Quote:
I am sure you don't know anything about war.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8DC3R920120212
Haha, that was so dumb I feel stupid by proxy...
July 18th, 2012  
Cire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigabrain
still the SU-35 is a good plane....thankefully we will never have to fight it
Bet they make sweet targets especially the FMS version, it will come down to the pilots wonder which country has better pilots?
July 18th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
I didnít say no doubt the speedboats would be successful in a naval conflict with the US. I just did a comparison between the speedboats and warship in Persian Gulf. I think according to Persian Gulf geographical conditions, using speedboats is more practical for Iran than using warships. Those are cheap, small and a lot, some of them has a speed about 65-70 Nat, some of them are equipped to 35km and 15-20km rang cruise missiles (Nasr 1 and Kosar), some of them are equipped to air defense system, some of them are unmanned, they discovered by radar hardly and the most important thing is that all of those have been made in Iran.
In the Persian Gulf where the average deep is about 50 m and the widest part is about 180 km and with limited shipping zones that can be more restricted by mines, Using small speedboats or midgets is more practical than big warships. Admiral Fox talks were about these threats.
And it is why when the likelihood of conflict be increased, the US transfers their Aircraft carrier quickly to the India Ocean and come back with Franc and Britain warships. The last transfer was when Iran was preparing to do a maneuver around the Hormuz Strait.
Ha Ha Ha Ha HA... you know, I have not laughed so much in the past 30 minutes...

This reminds me of the time that an Israeli PT boat captain challenging an aircraft carrier somewhere in the Med during a foggy weather... just could not stop laughing when I read about it...