US missile defense site likely in central Europe

--

July 14th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Topic: US missile defense site likely in central Europe

Poland, Czech Republic hold talks with US on 'Son of Star Wars' locations.

The US Department of Defense is negotiating with Poland and the Czech Republic over positioning a missile defense site and related advanced radar stations in central Europe, reports the Guardian.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0713/dailyUpdate.html
July 14th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Actually I don't understand very well why NATO wants to expand so far close to Russia, it does not seem like that NATO will engage in war conflicts with Russia. Why things can not be handled more friendly.
July 14th, 2004  
Shadowalker

seems strange as the threats will probably come more from the middle east, i would of thought the radar would be based more in southern europe!
--
July 14th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Yeah good point.

I don't think Russia pose a threat to Europe.

Middle East is bit tricky, especially in the case of a militarily strong Iran, but I don't think Iran will file missile into Europe, Europe has no problem with Iran.

I just get confused by many actions taken by Bush admin, strange strange, no idea what they are really doing.
July 14th, 2004  
MosquitoMan

I'm not really sure what good those will do. Because the real threat, like you other people said is most likely from the Middle East. And let's just say Russia or China or N. Korea decided to launch an ICBM at us, they aren't gonna launch it across Asia, Europe or Africa, over the Atlantic to attack the US. They would launch it straight across the Pacific.
July 14th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Some of those who are critical of the US could say that this is another way of americas government putting its influence in europe!
It is strange as i would of thought that they would put more radars on there west coast and in asia!
July 14th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

lol it is well funny to see the most powerful country is so terrified to be attacked and has to put safe-guarding measures everywhere

An old Chinese saying:
If you didn't do something guilty, you do not need to be afraid that Ghost will come to knock at your door in the night
July 14th, 2004  
Shadowalker

[quote="FlyingFrog"]lol it is well funny to see the most powerful country is so terrified to be attacked and has to put safe-guarding measures everywhere
[quote]

if these are the steps the most powerful country has to take its worse for the rest of us as we dont have the finances!
though most countries have stayed out of american foreign policy so they arent in too much trouble! but you never know
July 14th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

What I want to say is that it is the best to make friends, not enemies.

If a country tries to make friends with other countries, it will surely get a lot of friends, and most countries would like to be friend of a superstrong country.

And if a country wants to make enemies, it will surely get an enemy.
July 15th, 2004  
SHERMAN

best to make friends, but if possible, still carry a 0.45 under your coat.