is US military over extended? - Page 2




 
--
 
October 10th, 2004  
A Can of Man
 
 
They always have things like that floating around. Of course they die. Now you know for sure though. The idea of imposing a draft to solve the over extention problem is unpopular even in the government.
October 10th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAmerican
Let me tell u a quick little thing.....

A few days Congress had to vote on a bill that would make all able American citizens to do mandatory govermental services such as military for 2 years between the ages of 18-26.... (I'm not joking my Government teacher told me about this and she isn't joking).. The bill wasn't passed and only 2 people voted for it and another 400 or something voted against it.
Yes..... and we should panic because..... of 2 people?
October 10th, 2004  
ravensword227
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAmerican
Let me tell u a quick little thing.....

A few days Congress had to vote on a bill that would make all able American citizens to do mandatory govermental services such as military for 2 years between the ages of 18-26.... (I'm not joking my Government teacher told me about this and she isn't joking).. The bill wasn't passed and only 2 people voted for it and another 400 or something voted against it.

THE REASON man, THE REASON it was put up was to SEND THE MESSAGE to the AMERICAN PEOPLE that the DRAFT would NOT be REINSTATED. I CAN'T BELIVE YOUR TEACHER MISSED THAT.

Bush and his people got tired of being accused of wanting to reinstate the draft so he said "" it, and put up the bill just to show just how unpopular it was. Already people are misconstruing this.
--
October 10th, 2004  
whosewar2000
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAmerican
Let me tell u a quick little thing.....

A few days Congress had to vote on a bill that would make all able American citizens to do mandatory govermental services such as military for 2 years between the ages of 18-26.... (I'm not joking my Government teacher told me about this and she isn't joking).. The bill wasn't passed and only 2 people voted for it and another 400 or something voted against it.
Yes..... and we should panic because..... of 2 people?
who are these two, by the way? some southern cowboys?
just kidding
October 10th, 2004  
AsianAmerican
 
 
why are u guys going crazy. i just told u a little story its not like i want the draft chill ... She was just telling us some news thats all
October 10th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer
 
lol raven went trippin'
October 10th, 2004  
whosewar2000
 
so........you guys think those soldiers shall stay there until they die?
and this is fair for them?

shall you guys standup and buy the tickets flight there to help your buddies?

somebody else just said "stay calm and enjoy the show" sounds even less patriotic than a mexican forienger who work less paid job in US
October 10th, 2004  
ravensword227
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAmerican
why are u guys going crazy. i just told u a little story its not like i want the draft chill ... She was just telling us some news thats all
Get it straight: The purpose of the bill was to show the people that there is a snow balls chance of the draft coming back.

I hate it when people continue to perpetuate the fear of the draft.
October 10th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosewar2000
so........you guys think those soldiers shall stay there until they die?
and this is fair for them?

shall you guys standup and buy the tickets flight there to help your buddies?

somebody else just said "stay calm and enjoy the show" sounds even less patriotic than a mexican forienger who work less paid job in US
No trooper is staying there to die, they are there to win.

And I do plan on joining the Army once I'm old enough.
October 10th, 2004  
AsianAmerican
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensword227
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAmerican
why are u guys going crazy. i just told u a little story its not like i want the draft chill ... She was just telling us some news thats all
Get it straight: The purpose of the bill was to show the people that there is a snow balls chance of the draft coming back.

I hate it when people continue to perpetuate the fear of the dr
aft.
Im not trying to perpetuate the fear of anything i was just telling u a story my Government teacher told my class..RELAX