US Infantryman Ammo load out - Page 2

--

March 3rd, 2004  
Redneck

By the way, the LBV was not in existence during Vietnam.
March 3rd, 2004  
bandit

Ah sorry should have made it more clear. We are not doing the Nam look. There are hundreds already doing that. We are recreatring GW1.So it pretty much the kit they use now.
March 3rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: A LITTLE QUESTION...

is it true that american GIs throw away emptied clips...?
--
March 4th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit
Ah sorry should have made it more clear. We are not doing the Nam look. There are hundreds already doing that. We are recreatring GW1.So it pretty much the kit they use now.
Why, if you don't mind my asking?
March 4th, 2004  
dragon_master_gunner

No, we don't throw away our used magazines. What we do is loop some 550 cord to the butt end of the magazine, and we also attatch a D ring to our LBE/LBV (by the way, there were no LBV's in GW1). Once the magazine is empty, and you are reloading, you place the 550 cord loop in the d ring in order to maintain positive control of your magazines. Once the fight is over, or a lull in combat, you reload, and place the magazines back in thier respective ammo pouches.
March 4th, 2004  
bandit

(by the way, there were no LBV's in GW1). Ah did not know that? Thank you. Time to break out the alice kit then.
Why? Good question we are a bunch of military nuts who for various reasons cant, wont do military service but we want to recreate some of the stuff the real guys do (we know they put their lives on the line, we are just playing). Also we are the UK. Joining the US army would be difficult?
Me personaly, I cant do service as I am slighy hanidcapped (bike wreck 10 years ago) This gives me a chance to live the dream.

Also we are big fans of the US military. They seem to get a bad rap over here by the liberals, but we think that they are the best armed forces, period.
March 4th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: dont

Quote:
we think that they are the best armed forces, period.
Now, dont get on my bed side....

dragon_master_gunner- thanks.they have this rumor that the american army is so rich(compared with the IDF) that you dont bother to keep used mags....
March 4th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: correction

*BAD side...

it sounds wierd otherwise....
March 4th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit
Also we are big fans of the US military. They seem to get a bad rap over here by the liberals, but we think that they are the best armed forces, period.
Well thank you. Your own military is damned good too, I wouldn't sell them short.
March 31st, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

the standard load is 210 rounds, 7 mags(30 Rds.) 3 in the two ammo pouches, one in the weapon. But everyone carries more. With the new MOLLE gear, you can carry a lot more.