Unpopular Wars - Page 8




 
--
 
October 30th, 2014  
The Highway Man
 
 
It was just known as Falling-f***ing-bostel by the Brit military! Yes the Greek restaurant was there in 1992 when I was there.
October 31st, 2014  
JOC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesse81
You mean Bad Fallingbostel
Did you know that Field Marshal Erich von Manstein was buried there?

Was the Greek restaurant Akropolis located there when you were there?
Manstein may have been a brilliant tactician when it came to the Blitzkrieg and the mobile defense.
But he was also a war criminal for appropriating food stocks from Soviets citizens and appropriating Soviet citizens for Nazi slave labor projects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_o...h_von_Manstein
October 31st, 2014  
Kesse81
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
It was just known as Falling-f***ing-bostel by the Brit military! Yes the Greek restaurant was there in 1992 when I was there.
There were some cute girls who catered there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
Manstein may have been a brilliant tactician when it came to the Blitzkrieg and the mobile defense.
But he was also a war criminal for appropriating food stocks from Soviets citizens and appropriating Soviet citizens for Nazi slave labor projects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_o...h_von_Manstein
Yes, but he was useful after the war.
--
October 31st, 2014  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
Manstein .
But he was also a war criminal for appropriating food stocks from Soviets citizens .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_o...h_von_Manstein
Then add Sherman & other Union Army Commanders to the list.
October 31st, 2014  
JOC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Then add Sherman & other Union Army Commanders to the list.
Sherman and other Union Commanders cannot even begin to compare to the war crimes committed by the SS and the Wehrmacht in the USSR. Between 15 and 20 million Soviet civilians died as a direct result of these people.
October 31st, 2014  
JOC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesse81
Yes, but he was useful after the war.


So were many other Germans because the crimes were excused as the allies either needed help dealing with the Soviets, or in using the German technology. Many war criminals were pardoned or had their sentences commuted. However this does not erase their dirty deeds. Are you forgetting these are the people that brought on the planets worse catastrophe in the history of man.
 


Similar Topics
star wars book series
"The Savage Wars of Peace" by Max Boot
USMC's Small Wars Manual
Wars of Prevention: Historians' Take on the News
USMC Small Wars Manual 1940 ed.