U2 Crashes

Shadowalker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4119344.stm

A US Air Force U-2 spy plane has crashed in south-west Asia killing the pilot, the US military has said.
The crash occurred at 2330 GMT on Tuesday, when the pilot was returning to base after completing a mission. Its cause is not known.

A military spokesman said the location of the crash would not be released because of "host nation sensitivity".

I cant see the U2 flying out of iraq so wonder if its in Saudi Arabia?

No i dont consider it hostile, i was wondering in which country it could of crashed. "host nation sensitivity" could mean that the government of that country may not want its citizens to know that it allows U2 planes to fly over it, which may apply to Saudi arabia for all i know. Looking at the map i dont see why it would fly over Saudi so my guess was probably wrong.
Curious if it was coming back from afganistan to UAE, is more likely to of crashed in Iran.

Shadowalker said:
No i dont consider it hostile, i was wondering in which country it could of crashed. "host nation sensitivity" could mean that the government of that country may not want its citizens to know that it allows U2 planes to fly over it, which may apply to Saudi arabia for all i know. Looking at the map i dont see why it would fly over Saudi so my guess was probably wrong.
Curious if it was coming back from afganistan to UAE, is more likely to of crashed in Iran.

If the U2 crashes in Iran, it'll spark another Washington-Tehran duel again.

Hi,

This is South West Asia ....... It's Possibly Over Pakistan , Iran , Afganistan, Quatar.

_40654316_uae_abu_dhabi_map203.gif

Peace

Government sources are not willing to release it's location for political reasons, so I guess its somewhere within a nation that is out of US Juristictions.

staurofilakes said:
Do you consider Arabia Saudi hostile country? US has thousand of troops there...

Host is not the same as hostile. In fact, the two are usually mutually exclusive, because host implies that the troops were invited. Just like Germany was invited into Czechoslovakia and Poland in 1939.

Hi,

New Information ............ the Plane Took Off form a base in UAE ........... Completed a recon. mission Over Afghanistan ......... and was Returning ........ and Crashed while it was trying to land .......The military has not so far officially confirmed the location of the crash citing "host nation sensitivities".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4119344.stm

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Back