U.S. Marine Corps... why? - Page 2

--

February 4th, 2005  
03USMC

Force Recon provides forward intelligence for the MEF. They are capable of other duties but recon is their primary.

They are Special to an extent and they are Operators but until recently they were not assigned to USSOCOM. And even now only a small number are assigned to SOCOM as a pilot program.

You need to understand that all US SpecOps units have different missions
that are unit specific. Force Recon's is specific to it's role in the Corps.
February 4th, 2005  
KC72

So SF units like Delta,SeaLs etc would not do the job of providing intel for MEF as well as force recon?
February 4th, 2005  
03USMC

Different Missions. Force Recon operates solely MEF. They are organic to the Marine Corps not an attachment.
--
February 4th, 2005  
Missileer

The Marines have a tougher basic training program that weeds out people who would not be fit enough to undertake the type of combat such as the island hopping of WWII. It's the "heavy lifting" side of the Armed Forces. Not many of the other forces have the fighting spirit and pride that is hammered into a Marine.
February 4th, 2005  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
And even now only a small number are assigned to SOCOM as a pilot program.
... which is now on the chopping block.
February 4th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Quote:
And even now only a small number are assigned to SOCOM as a pilot program.
... which is now on the chopping block.
Well I kinda figured that would be the result.
February 4th, 2005  
KC72

In which case then i apologise the force recon does serve an important purpose
February 4th, 2005  
03USMC

Nothing for you to apologize for. Force Recon just does not fit into the General Definition you were using.
February 4th, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Nothing for you to apologize for. Force Recon just does not fit into the General Definition you were using.
Man, I had to catch a plane and miss out on butting into this one, good job 03, Semper Fi.
February 4th, 2005  
03USMC

I try Hulk.