Two more fall out - Page 4

--
Two more fall out

February 3rd, 2008  
wolfen

Two more fall out
Face it everybody the next President Is Barack Obama, after Bush's last 4 nobody wants the Republicans in anymore.
Plus Obama is talking the change talk, if he gets elected, I hope he can walk the change walk.
February 3rd, 2008  
Team Infidel

i could see that happening..
February 3rd, 2008  
wolfen

I just hope Obama can deliver what he is talking, cause if he doesn't theres gonna be a lot of unhappy people in this country. Most of them are the one that are gonna vote for him.
--
Two more fall out
February 3rd, 2008  
Team Infidel

depends on who he surrounds himself with
February 3rd, 2008  
Del Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
I just hope Obama can deliver what he is talking, cause if he doesn't theres gonna be a lot of unhappy people in this country. Most of them are the one that are gonna vote for him.

What are the changes you are most looking for from Obama?
February 3rd, 2008  
wolfen

I have no idea what changes I'd expect from him, personally I don't want him as my president, I agree with the theory that he is too inexperienced, but that just may be what we need.
Back to what I expect from him, I don't mean to judge him, but history has shown that if you expect anything form a US politician, your one of three things (1) Naive (2) Stupid or (3) too young to be affected. Therefore I expect nothing from him or any of the others running for president.
February 3rd, 2008  
mmarsh

I'd say the one thing Obama and Romney offer is that they are NOT DC insiders.
February 3rd, 2008  
Del Boy

Yea, good points Guys. I am just interested in this- Obama is making his big ticket the necessity and the promise of big change - he has the answer .

So this will be expectations of those who cast their vote in his favour.

So - what are the main changes you would like to see from him - or from anyone for that matter. If you are looking for change - what is it?

If no-one, including him, is saying, then are people pinning their hopes on an unknown cure-all from a skilful and impressive snake-oil salesman?

(I am not picking on him particularly, take it as a hypothetical question. Proffessional not personal - I'm sure he is a great guy)

I am trying to pinpoint whether what we have here is a new fashion in big-time politics - charisma over content, style over policies. Aimed especially at the possibly overwhelming young vote.
February 3rd, 2008  
Infern0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
Come on now, there's no way that even you can think that can be construed as sensitive and thoughtful. Heed your own advice as well as mine and word your comments and opinions in a non offensive, non-confrontational manner. Your opinions on American politics are of no concern to me nor is your country of residence. PM me or Redleg if you have difficulty with this.

hang on hang on.

when i was talking about being sensitive, i was referring to commenting on 9/11 itself. utmost respect is deserved and given, but it is the single biggest event in at least 10 or 20 years and has re-shaped the planet...events leading from it, and the motives of those name checking it SHOULD and be and rightfully are up for questioning

Guliani's "ready" ad

the above is the ad i was referring to

but anyway, im dragging this into off topic town now so i'll drop it
February 3rd, 2008  
DTop

No you hang on. It's very simple, just keep your comments respectful of other people's opinions and feelings. If you don't, you will earn yourself infractions.