tunisian soldier with steyr AUG - Page 5




 
--
 
February 10th, 2011  
Spartan613
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMask
Want to play justice court Spartan613?

When did I speak about firepower here? It doesnt take a genius to understand the advantage of a bull-pup design. You put the magazine behind the trigger, so you get a longer canon for the same size... and bla bla...

But I didnt question firepower here. I questioned looks and I questioned the choices when it comes to size and weight as they can be useful in melee...

Maybe that for you a gun is made for shooting first, and the rest is only secondary... You dont care much about the value of your gun as a club if you can save a few pounds as you will have to carry it around... Good for you...

But I have other interests... I did some fencing when I was younger and I like the idea of having a sharp bayonet, even if it's not so important on a modern battlefield, and I like a long and heavy gun capable of dealing a lot of damage if we swing it...

These are choices... I'm not your defense minister trying to make you throw your beloved F88...

Dont forget one thing, you know why we speak so much about freedom? It's for a very simple reason. Because we dont know. We dont know what's best for us. This is why we allow people to do whatever they want, because we reached the level where we are humble enough to know that we dont have all the answers...

You say that the F88 is a good weapon? Well, maybe... But it's YOUR answer. Your answer as a professional soldier in a modern army...
Even if my comment are ridiculous, all it takes is a few ignorant people who think like me to make it a reality.

If this Tunisian soldier with his Steyr Aug gets attacked by an angry mob of individuals who are stupid enough to think that his rifle is a joke... Then they will add a few page in your smart-book to teach you how to look dangerous and scary when you are holding such a rifle...
Blah blah blah blah blah.

Idiot.
February 10th, 2011  
Spartan613
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
Let's be careful so that no one ends up in Milforum Court.

I can make a new thread if you like on pros/cons of the F 88, then anyone who wishes to post can have their "reset" button granted, and we don't have to ruin someone else's thread about Tunisian Soldiers and their AUGs. Which is the topic here no?

Yo,
You get thread drift mate. Happens every time. You can start a new thread, but I wouldn't bother. I'm through with explaining musketry to a dill who thinks how a weapon looks is more important that how well it works.
February 10th, 2011  
LeMask
 
Spartan613, please, one last work of explaining... As you are the expert.

Dont retire now, help me to explain to a retard that "I dont like the looks of a weapon" doesnt mean "This weapon cant shoot worth a s***."

Can you help me?
--
February 14th, 2011  
Spartan613
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMask
Spartan613, please, one last work of explaining... As you are the expert.

Dont retire now, help me to explain to a retard that "I dont like the looks of a weapon" doesnt mean "This weapon cant shoot worth a s***."

Can you help me?
The only thing that could help you is 55 grains one inch below and behind your left ear.
February 14th, 2011  
LeMask
 
Even with a blown off brain, it's easy to be smarter than you... Dont play with live ammo.
February 14th, 2011  
Yossarian
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMask
Even with a blown off brain, it's easy to be smarter than you... Dont play with live ammo.

Just let it go man.
February 17th, 2011  
booty539
 
 

Topic: steyr AUG


looked at the posts with interest,lol,think i will be a member of spartans gang!!
real world experience cant be googled le mask..my military career consisted of exposure to bullpups exclusively (L85A2).which by the way is an excellent weapon,very accurate etc..and a smack on the head with it would hurt ..A LOT!!, also your assumption about magazine breaking etc is inaccurate,never seen 1 in 9 years of service..my questions on the steyr were in the pursuit of knowledge, because we should never stop learning
February 18th, 2011  
Yossarian
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by booty539
looked at the posts with interest,lol,think i will be a member of spartans gang!!
real world experience cant be googled le mask..my military career consisted of exposure to bullpups exclusively (L85A2).which by the way is an excellent weapon,very accurate etc..and a smack on the head with it would hurt ..A LOT!!, also your assumption about magazine breaking etc is inaccurate,never seen 1 in 9 years of service..my questions on the steyr were in the pursuit of knowledge, because we should never stop learning
THATS WHAT WE NEED!

Knowlegde gained, thats what I'm looking for, not somone's conflicting opinions and assumption based agurements.

February 19th, 2011  
Spartan613
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by booty539
looked at the posts with interest,lol,think i will be a member of spartans gang!!
We're already in thesame gang, mate. The Commonwealth! Also ANZUK, ABCA, and a few other treaties etc.

My experience with the L85 was when it was still in it's A1 configuration (the dodgy mag release and auto-sear days), Even then it shot well, but not as well balanced as the AUG/F88. Still, a solid example of a Bullpup My main interest when I was at Warminster was the L96A1, which we adopted in a modified "AW" version as the SR98 Sniper Rifle.
February 21st, 2011  
booty539
 
 

Topic: acc int


cool,never fired one myself but never heard a bad word about it from people who had,top drawer tool,did you guy's adopt the lapua round also?..limited exposure to the A1,but most of the gripes from older guys seemed to be denting or damaging the steel by the reciever,also reloading mag,but never had a prob with later model,bit back end heavy but once used to it i liked it a lot,did u find that with the AUG ?
 


Similar Topics
"Tommy's Dictionary Of The Trenches" WWI
Gaza attack nixed; Hamas offers up soldier
Landwarrior system what do you think :)
Hello, May I share my heart with you all...
"It Is The Soldier"...Tribute Song