Trends that piss you off. - Page 17

--
Trends that piss you off.

June 5th, 2012  
Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
So call the company directly if you feel it is that much of an issue. Don't take your annoyance out on the people just doing their jobs.

Good idea Pixie. I would love to hear that conversation.
June 5th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
So call the company directly if you feel it is that much of an issue. Don't take your annoyance out on the people just doing their jobs.
Why should I? Why should I waste my time and money phoning some dipshite company who are probably con artists anyway? Besides which the people who call chose that job, no one held a gun to their head AND they are the ones annoying me!. And before you come back that someone only does the job because they are working through college or their mogey is having kittens and needs more money or some other excuse, they are not the only ones who's had it or having it rough. I was out of work for 5 years, not because I was lazy but because there was no work, for every job there were something like 20 applicants, so don't have the audacity to tell me what I should or shouldn't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
Opa Brit, a suggestion if I may, Opa.

You need to be with "Albert"? (your granddaughter) more often. Left alone, you seemed more grumpy...

But we still love you all the same.
Albert is being a noisy little bugger at the moment, as I said before, "Its amazing how much noise (and poo) comes out of something so small."

I'm not alone, I'm chasing Molly around the property trying to catch the little bugger.

Me grumpy? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. <------- look I'm smiling
June 5th, 2012  
Trooper1854

I have to wear an identification badge with my name and photograph on it.
I have a foreign sounding name, so people who actually take time to look at it and read it spot this immediately. I have often had this conversation, in various formats.
“Ooh! That name is not English.”
No its not. Well spotted.
“Where were you born?”
England.
“Really?”
Yes, really. I was born, brought up, educated and I work here.
“Oh, but your name is not English though.”
No its not. My parents are not English, they come from Italy.
Then there is a short pause while they think a little.
“Do you go home often?”
Yes, at the end of every shift.
--
June 5th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
I have a foreign sounding name, so people who actually take time to look at it and read it spot this immediately. I have often had this conversation, in various formats.
“Where were you born?”
England.
“Really?”
“Do you go home often?”

See in America we don't have that problem, even simple to pronounce names are commonly spelled so strangely that one would think some people are not from this world at all.

For instance, Amy, is spelled Amei.

Or Savanna , is spelled Savanaa.

Or James , is spelled Jaems.
June 5th, 2012  
Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2007
I understand where you are coming from, pixie, truly I do...

What I get pissed about is when they call to tell you that you've won something when you know you've not entered any competition of sorts, then they try to push some product that you do not need- I call that deceitful tactics.

I've had calls from telemarketers who HAVE gone straight to the point of what they try to sell, if it does good for me to purchase it, I will, as I have done on several occasions.

Being a telemarketer is choice. You made your choice and you will deal with whatever comes along.

Believe me when I tell you that I don't enjoy doing these things, but sometimes theres a limit to things that you can tolerate. The funny thing is that even when you tell them you are not interested, in about 2 weeks later, the same guy will call you again!

Now, if that is not frustrating, I really do not know what is...

Viper,

THEY have invaded our computers now. (mine) And if I give them my cell (or someone else's) . It never ends. Ignoring is the key.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEeJE3tzDE"]Electric Company - The Plumber - YouTube[/ame]
June 6th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1854
“Where were you born?”
England.
“Really?”
“Do you go home often?”

This... I like...
June 6th, 2012  
viper2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Viper,

THEY have invaded our computers now. (mine) And if I give them my cell (or someone else's) . It never ends. Ignoring is the key.
I know, Maam, there is no running away... so you have to deal with it in your own way, I suppose... To me , as long as I do not cause any bodily harm, I find it legitimate to respond in which ever manner I choose. Leave me alone, and I would likewise.

When I do get soliciting e-mails from these fellas, I usually respond by calling them, and giving my "enemies" contact number, and also giving them my "enemies" name of course, naturally...
June 6th, 2012  
Sara

Lucky for them I have none. Not that I would notice. Please don't do it. It was a joke, not nice to play like that.
June 6th, 2012  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Why should I? Why should I waste my time and money phoning some dipshite company who are probably con artists anyway? Besides which the people who call chose that job, no one held a gun to their head AND they are the ones annoying me!. And before you come back that someone only does the job because they are working through college or their mogey is having kittens and needs more money or some other excuse, they are not the only ones who's had it or having it rough. I was out of work for 5 years, not because I was lazy but because there was no work, for every job there were something like 20 applicants, so don't have the audacity to tell me what I should or shouldn't do.
If in those five years you had an offer to work at a telemarketing company wouldn't you have taken it? I am not trying to seem like these people are having it terribly 'rough,' all I mean is that they have a job, and they have to do that job to get a paycheck. They don't enjoy calling you. I promise. (That isn't to say you aren't a nice person in general, they just don't like you either).

I understand your frustration with the calls, I was right there with you and everyone else that gets annoyed by these calls until my brother started working as a telemarketer. (How shallow was it of me not to think of the other side prior to this). I just try and have more patience now - and I never!!! ignore the phone call. If you ignore the call chances are you will be put back into the loop and called randomly again and again.

In the end, all I mean to say is that your frustration is misplaced, being angry at the callers. You should be angry with the company, hence why I said call the company directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
When they screw ya you gotta threaten somebody for your monthly payment for no service with legal action.
Hahahaha! Yes, well, if a company is screwing you I agree, get grumpy and go to the top ASAP. If I have serious issues with service I don't talk to the general staff anymore. I ask to be transferred to a manager right away. I was on the phone with AT&T for over two hours one day playing around with people that couldn't get their crap together. I will never put up with that again.
June 6th, 2012  
Sara

You're not shallow. You're defending your little brother and you should.

Brit,
You have no choice but to ignore the calls, check your caller id, or do as you are now. Calling the company may help but as you stated earlier, which I knew you would, this is not your cup of tea.

good luck to you, hilarious Brit