Tolerance Vs. Brainwashing, There is a Difference

you mean standards...

I disagree. Tolerance means accepting those for what they are, not assimilating beliefs. If you think that being gay is wrong, that's fine. However, you can't just go out there and kill anyone who admits that they are gay. You have to accept them for who they are, reguardless, and tolerate their presence.

you mean standards...

I disagree. Tolerance means accepting those for what they are, not assimilating beliefs. If you think that being gay is wrong, that's fine. However, you can't just go out there and kill anyone who admits that they are gay. You have to accept them for who they are, reguardless, and tolerate their presence.

Exactly right! All gay people ask is for gays to be treated as everybody else. Nobody is asking you to approve of their lifestyle.

Live and let live.

i have gay friends...and the shocker...i am a christian...but i have gay friends. i'm not gonna kill my friends.

I think learning the local language is the primary point of assimilation.
The only part about preserving their own culture that should be thrown out is if their culture is just inherently intolerant.

you mean standards...

Thank you, I thought it looked funny the way I had it spelled.

If someone says something against gays (not hateful or name calling, but nonsupporting of their way of life) they are called intolerant. I am tired of hearing the word "tolerance" thrown around because don't support or look at everyone's life as if they are doing the right thing. If I wanted to look at everyone's life with a passive and objective view then why would bother with having morals and religious ideas? People judge, end of story. You are judging me now for what I believe. It isn't a bad thing in itself. That is what gives people their difference of opinions and the ideas of right and wrong.

There would be no judgments or consequences of anyone or their actions in a fully tolerant world and that is not a world I would want to live in.

Politeness (the way homosexual's are viewed, just because one does not agree with it does not mean they need to be hateful and cruel), common sense, and a normal human decency is what I believe this world should be preaching - not tolerance.

Senorjekips

The term Bigot refers to anybody who discriminates against a group as a whole. Is it inflammatory? Perhaps, but its also accurate. I am not referring to those who find the act of homosexuality as unnatural and perhaps repugnant. Thats not a Bigot, thats simply having an opinion. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
It would take a man with a steady hand and a very fine nib to draw the line between "voicing your opinion" and an act that constitutes Bigotry as it seems to be interpreted by most people. The way I see it being used, is that, "if he agrees with me, he is voicing his opinion, if he does not agree with me he's a Bigot", or racist or whatever is the flavour of the month. As I said these words are almost useless except as a means to insult the person at whom they are being aimed.

I am referring to people/organizations that try to limit the civil liberties of others through legal and illegal methods because of their own prejudice. I might find homosexuality repugnant personally, but I don't go around punishing these people who have this lifestyle.
Righto, here's an example:
I don't feel that homosexual pairs should be able to access benefits now available to married couples. The fact that they are in a civil union, does nothing to further the nation or mankind.

Am I a bigot, or am I just anti-homosexual?

I dont know if such groups exist in Australia as they are in the USA. In France while there are certainly those who find homosexuality distasteful there are not the active 'hate' organizations there are in the USA. As I said, these groups don't call them hate groups, they disguise their true nature in robes of respectively by misleading names like "Focus on the Family", but once you sit down and really listen to their ideas of barring gays from certain professions, from children, from church, from civil rights, from equal protection under the law (i.e legitimizing violence against gays) you understand what their real agenda is.
Once again, I feel that many (not all) of these persons have legitimate concerns, I feel distinctly repulsed at having blatant homosexuals close about me. But like I said this is no different to me watching some people eat. Or my dislike of Brussel Sprouts.

These people have turned Jesus's "hate the sin, love the sinner" into "hate the sin, stone the sinner to death".
I won't even go there, to me, most "Christians" are an anathema.

Second paragraph. you misunderstand. What I am saying is while the SCIENTIFIC evidence isn't conclusive, it is overwhelming. And that even many of the far right-wing has finally accepted the scientific evidence that people are born gay, (that it is not a choice). They just naively think that homosexuality is genetic can be cured by faith, as if its some sort of disease.
The "scientific evidence" depends entirely who you listen to. As I have quoted here on several occasions. "Experts change their minds like I change my socks.

I am at a complete loss to understand how something that is not proven can be overwhelming. It just remains an unknown. e.g. here in Australia, with all of the unusual weather events that we have been experiencing, I am yet to hear of a record being broken. Yep,... It's the worst drought in 75 years. Last winter was the driest since the 1970s but as yet we haven't suffered a single phenomenon that is "the worst ever".

Third Paragraph. Its both. People lack the fortitude to think for themselves and are manipulated to believing that whatever alies them is the fault of the minority group. Its scapegoating pure and simple.
That wouldn't be so bad, what I dislike is when these wankers try to tell us that the majority are at fault.
Unfortunately "scapegoating" as you call it seems to be the raison d'etre of the politically correct.

Last edited:
Thank you, I thought it looked funny the way I had it spelled.

If someone says something against gays (not hateful or name calling, but nonsupporting of their way of life) they are called intolerant. I am tired of hearing the word "tolerance" thrown around because don't support or look at everyone's life as if they are doing the right thing. If I wanted to look at everyone's life with a passive and objective view then why would bother with having morals and religious ideas? People judge, end of story. You are judging me now for what I believe. It isn't a bad thing in itself. That is what gives people their difference of opinions and the ideas of right and wrong.

There would be no judgments or consequences of anyone or their actions in a fully tolerant world and that is not a world I would want to live in.

Politeness (the way homosexual's are viewed, just because one does not agree with it does not mean they need to be hateful and cruel), common sense, and a normal human decency is what I believe this world should be preaching - not tolerance.

point taken.

That's actually a very good point Pixie... I think you're right when you say the real problem is there's a lack of common sense and normal human decency. Also I'd like to add the "entitlement attitude" (watch disaster victims if you don't know what I mean) and a lack of responsibility.
People forget that freedom is probably one of the most difficult things an individual can have because it makes he/she accountable and responsible for the choices and decisions that individual makes. Nowadays with people shifting blame and calling in the government to handle everything... you are seeing a people who are surrendering their freedoms and a government that has to take freedoms away gradually whether it wants to or not... because the public DEMAND to be controlled more.

^^^ I'm with Redneck on this one^^^

This is a good example of the insidious way in which Political Correctness is trying to take away our use of common sense.
You can no longer give your kids a whack on the @rse for bad behaviour.
You can't express your legitimate concerns without being falsely accused of being a bigot, racist or anti homosexual.
The courts now often appear to give more consideration to the rights of criminals than to their victims.

We MUST start to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions.

Back