Timisoara and Tianamen square incident - similarities? - Page 2

--

December 14th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

If the PLA believed that they might have needed to open fire, they should have brought the right gear for the right situation -- tear gas and rubber bullets, etc. By all accounts, rubber bullets generally DO stop anybody that would have been stopped by a regular bullet. Without non-lethal gear, their very presence opened the potential for disaster.

I think it was partly a matter of a Transitioning Communist Regime problem. How and when to lay aside the Iron Fist?

I don't think any of us will doubt that if a simliar demonstration had occurred in the 50's, most or all participents would have probably been killed. Tianamen was a shock because the world thought that China had complete changed already.
December 14th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
tear gas and rubber bullets
Good point, but already being talked numerous times in China.

The fact is:
Before 1989, there was no single tear gas gun or rubber bullet, since CCP never thought about there would be such a demonstration and it could go out of hand.

But now, PRC has plenty of Tear gas and Rubber bullets, AND especially for handling internal troubles, they have created a 1 million strong Armed Police Corps.

Just check my old pictures of the Armed Police and Riot Police.

We have LEARNED from the lessons.
December 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

ya, check out the SWAT look alike teams, tehy are prety well armed.. guess anybody trying another riot is going to be owned
--
December 15th, 2004  
2Asskicker

u know ppl. my dad's friend told me it was really a crazy time..

hard to make a decision..ppl are throughing rock at u..ur leader is roaring at me..ur comarades are dying..

by the way, army do not have tear gas shit..armed police have those stuff, but army have only real bullets,

i doubt armed police commander will excute that order, since even 38th army's old commander refused to open fire on ppl
December 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Quote:
tear gas and rubber bullets
Good point, but already being talked numerous times in China.

The fact is:
Before 1989, there was no single tear gas gun or rubber bullet, since CCP never thought about there would be such a demonstration and it could go out of hand.

But now, PRC has plenty of Tear gas and Rubber bullets, AND especially for handling internal troubles, they have created a 1 million strong Armed Police Corps.

Just check my old pictures of the Armed Police and Riot Police.

We have LEARNED from the lessons.
This is good news to anybody, naturally. Having weapons and police who are specialized in nonlethal riot control means that if something like Tianamen happens again, its not going to kill very many people, if any at all.