Time to get out of Iraq

So who are you actually fighting against in Iraq? I don't think you have a clue.

I, personally, am not fighting anyone. You are probably not aware of the reason for being in Iraq in the first place as well as not aware of who has been behind the insurgency. When you figure it out come back and visit.

Bulldogg

2 weeks ago You asked me if I'm for cut and run, I only just saw it. Allow me to reply.

I think the Bush plan for Iraq is dead and buried. Its evidently clear that Iraqis do not want a democracy. As I said the Sunni want a Sunni dictator like Saddam, then Shiites want to become part of Iran, and the Kurds want Kurdistan. 'Iraq' is in fact was an invention of the British Colonial Empire in the 1930's, the Arabs themselves never really subscribed to it. They have hated each other for hundreds of years. Its extremely naiive on our part to think we can change that.

So what to do? I think there is only possible chance to stop an all out war. That is to split it into its 3 ethnic parts and to make Baghdad a sort of free-city that belongs to no-one and prey for the best.

If that fails, then yes its time to leave ASAP.

I agree with dividing Iraq into 3 independent states or alternatively a Federation of Iraq with 3 states that have a lot of autonomy. It's not perfect but it's better than the current situation. Sunni Iraq and Shiite Iraq need to both have access to the Gulf for it to work. Working out exact boarders wont be easy. Even with this option, the Coalition needs to remain in Iraq for awhile yet.

Back