Threats to American Security - Page 10

--
Boots

August 11th, 2005  
gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Umm then he isn't wrong by your own admission as currently he is correct in how the 415 historians feel and you are guessing that they will change minds later therefore time will prove or disprove your statement not his.

You would have been far better off showing the poll as an "informal", "unscientific" poll than challenging his statements on this one.

This is the reason I said it was too early to tell. As quoted from the same article:

Additionally, it is, of course, as one respondent rightly noted, “way too early to make a valid comparison (we need another 50 years).” And such an informal survey is plainly not scientifically reliable.

And you are right btw of this being an unscientific poll.

But my point was to show bias when someone disregards one survey, and uses another survey only because it agrees with something he said.

The main point of the topic being Reagan, which clearly like I pointed out even a left wing professor who clearly does not like him, still has some clear enough judgement to begruglingly give him credit for the USSR.
August 12th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
One last point

Everyone in politics is bias. thats part of the game. There is no such thing as an unbias politician or political view. The trick is to remain balanced, I do read conservative articles, I mainly disagree with them (although occasional a valid point is raised). Thats why I was able to predict your counter-arguements, because I have heard them before.
Sadly thats one of the big problems when discussing politics and religion, everyone has an opinion and in most cases everyone has a differing opinion that they are not prepared to moderate.
In general political and religous arguments always end in a shouting match.
August 12th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
One last point

Everyone in politics is bias. thats part of the game. There is no such thing as an unbias politician or political view. The trick is to remain balanced, I do read conservative articles, I mainly disagree with them (although occasional a valid point is raised). Thats why I was able to predict your counter-arguements, because I have heard them before.
Sadly thats one of the big problems when discussing politics and religion, everyone has an opinion and in most cases everyone has a differing opinion that they are not prepared to moderate.
In general political and religous arguments always end in a shouting match.
Just look at Alexander Hamilton and AAron Burr.
--
Boots