Do you think Taiwan has nukes?

--

October 26th, 2004  
texasrebel211

Topic: Do you think Taiwan has nukes?

My guess is that they do have them in the likely invent of an invasion from China and that they were given to them by the US.
October 26th, 2004  
Romero

According to my Taiwanese girlfriend they don't, and the Americans do not want them to develop their own.

They probably have a few lost Soviet nukes lying around though.
October 26th, 2004  
texasrebel211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romero
According to my Taiwanese girlfriend they don't
lol wow dude you have contacts!
--
October 26th, 2004  
Romero

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrebel211
Quote:
Oh no, I've said too much! The Red Army will be in Taipei by dawn! I'll send her to find some WMD in Iraq.

Seriously though, if they had nukes, wouldn't they anounce it, to act as a deterrent to China?
October 26th, 2004  
texasrebel211

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrebel211
Quote:
Oh no, I've said too much! The Red Army will be in Taipei by dawn! I'll send her to find some WMD in Iraq.

Seriously though, if they had nukes, wouldn't they anounce it, to act as a deterrent to China?
Well that probably woudln't deter China too much just because they are China if you know what I mean. Also, if they announced that they had them then there would be the whole UN outcry.
October 26th, 2004  
Romero

Indeed. However, Taiwan isn't in the UN. Their membership was given to China.

If Taiwan is relying on its armed forces to defend itself then its stuffed, frankly (unless they have US help). Taiwan may be the largest arms buyer in the world, but they need a few nukes, as a deterrent, as I said earlier, and to show they aren't a soft target, like North Korea. In my humble opinion anyway.
October 26th, 2004  
A Can of Man

The only thing keeping Taiwan, South Korea and Japan from developing nukes is America's involvement. If America pulls out of the region or decides to play a decidedly smaller role, all three will require Nukes. Taiwan probably more than the others.
October 26th, 2004  
Romero

I wouldn't like to see nukes in the hands of a country whose officials act like this! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3954847.stm
October 26th, 2004  
A Can of Man

LOL
October 26th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

hahahah I wonder who started it... and why.

But no, I don't think Taiwan has a nuclear missile.