thing that made me go hummmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHOY, 03USMC "In 18 months you didn't even learn to total role of a rifleman in an fire team".
So you’re saying USMC is sending Marines to Iraq/Afg. without even knowing role of a rifleman. NO, IMO you’re just lashing out in frustration. And your statement about the roll of snipers should be repeated about every third page in some FM. USMC also has about 5 types of sniper rifles, that’s the USMC way “make do with what you have” LOL. There’s nothing top secret about tactics, all those serving and the vets (esp the vets against the wars) are not keeping the tactics under rapes, its lack of training. Go, go, go, go, LOL that’s a great way to let the enemy know we’re dismounting. And no I can’t believe how ahead of the bloody times I was to tell the Corps over 25 years ago we are un-sat for combat.
Wallabies thanks for the heads up on G-day, any tactics? cheers!
Stand by for more tactics from my FM (The Fragmented Fighting Facts). Free! G-day!

I've been lurking and you just angered me enough to warrant a return post. There's a reason for having five types of sniper rifles. Doctrinally, you're not going to use the same rifle in a 100m urban area as you would in a 1000m open desert - both of which the Marines are seeing in Iraq and A-stan.

You, as a Lance Corporal (I'm assuming, in 2 years), "told the Corps they were unsat for combat"? No wonder you didn't last very long.

AHOY, 03USMC "In 18 months you didn't even learn to total role of a rifleman in an fire team".
So you’re saying USMC is sending Marines to Iraq/Afg. without even knowing role of a rifleman. NO, IMO you’re just lashing out in frustration. And your statement about the roll of snipers should be repeated about every third page in some FM. USMC also has about 5 types of sniper rifles, that’s the USMC way “make do with what you have” LOL. There’s nothing top secret about tactics, all those serving and the vets (esp the vets against the wars) are not keeping the tactics under rapes, its lack of training. Go, go, go, go, LOL that’s a great way to let the enemy know we’re dismounting. And no I can’t believe how ahead of the bloody times I was to tell the Corps over 25 years ago we are un-sat for combat.
Wallabies thanks for the heads up on G-day, any tactics? cheers!
Stand by for more tactics from my FM (The Fragmented Fighting Facts). Free! G-day!

Okay step back and take a breath there PFC.

ITB made you a Basic rifleman 0311, thats it. A basic knowledge of the job nothing more, nothing less. When you got to the fleet then your Fire Team leader, Squad leader and Platoon Sgt further train you in what is expected as an 0311. They also train you in hopes that you make it into a viable Fire Team leader sometime in the future.

But at 18 months you should still be a boot baby azz Lance Coolie learning and earning his way progressively into billets with greater degrees of responsibility. So no you didn't finish learning about being a total 0311 in 18 months, you were still boot.

The young 0311 Pvt's, PFC', and LCpl's now are right where they need to be when they graduate San O or Gieger, BASIC COMBAT FUNCTIONAL 0311 RIFLEMAN. That is all they are supposed to be at that stage.

Since you were in during the early 80's with 1/5 I'm guessing that all you saw were the parade deck at MCRD and the Rolling Hills of Camp Pendelton, so you don't know that combat (not fire team rushes at Margarita and Field Excercises) is a fluid enviroment. You adjust to the threat, you adjust to meet your objective.

Who are you to question the tactics that are being used by Line Companies let alone USSOCOM. You've read some FM's BFD I've read the Star Wars series, that don't make me a Freakin Jedi Knight. The Vets against the war.......tell em cry me a freakin river, they bash on everything from chow, to deployment length, to the John Wayne Azz wipe in the three holer. If you can find one above E4 then I might consider his view on the tactics.

Yelling "Go" when dismounting an AAV or an IFV is tipping your hand and bad tactics.......gimmie a break Schmuckatelli . When that big azz AAV, LAV, Bradley or Stryker rolls up, ya know what? Mister I hate Infidels knows already Infantry is dismounting Jesus Cristo THATS THE WHOLE FREAKIN IDEA!

5 Sniper Systems. Go back and reread the the post about missions. They are used in different scenerios and for different purposes. But then you'd have to have done more than walk past the STA hootches on your way to the chow hall to know that. Or maybe not.

You were ahead of the times and thought the Corps was unstat for combat. Gezz yeah whatever. Back Then at least 65 % of the SNCO Corps were Nam Vets. You had a wealth of info there had you used it.

Oh BTW. The USMC did not join Socom. Det one did and the Corps agreed to make some BLT's available if needed. Only Det One falls under SoCom.

AHOY, C/cmdr, IMO it’s the MIC that Eisenhower warned about. Got any tactics?
From Defense section of Tri-F; don’t man fighting holes continuously; you only give locations away. Man them continuously when in thick terrain, during bad weather or at night. Sense foe can get in close and surprise you. Historically, darkness of night the necessity of sleep, dispersion of the horses in the pasture/modern vehicles under maintenance, affords opportunity for surprise. All Marines should be alerted and ready any time a patrol exits camp, also kept at a distance from exits. Chow sleep and maintenance is done in shifts. Commander is positioned for max view of battle field, so to direct fire, with tracers fired by designated shooters. Cmdr engages only if direct action is needed to turn the battle. Enemy will usually have peremptory fire to soften up position. This is when you man positions. Check behind you often and always be prepared for hand to hand combat. Obey all commands and sectors of fire. Do not shoot at targets far to one side of your position. He well be in someone else’s sector. Remember grenades won’t give your position away and there’s no need to see the enemy. Tossed at angles not strait out. G-day!

Well congratulations, now that you've posted that genius new set of tactics on the Internet for the world to see, the Marines wouldn't use them even if they were the best in the world. Have you been to Iraq to be able to trash the tactics in use there?

Oh, and I didn't actually say anything about the MIC...where did that come from?

AHOY, c/cmdr you didn't understand the commit about MIC it was a counter reasoning for the number of sniper rifles. It's not different ranges or terrain its spend more money or loss it. I always get a kick out of the top secret attitude about tactics. And I always forget to start with my three golden rules, #1 there well always be times for exceptions to the rules do to circomstances, #2 you should operate in an unorthodoxed manner form time to time to avoid sitting patterns, #3 Use what you know to predict enemy tactics. Ex; in defense think offense. IMO right makes might not knowing your enemies tactics or even startegy, ever notice the libraries are full of books on strategy the most important factor in war LOL. G-day!

Once again the question comes about as to your actual combat time?

Then again we could question your knowledge in regards to the deployment of STA asset's and how the brief effects the various sniper systems chosen.

Or we could just say that "Being hella radical good at Halo II" don't mean chit when the feces hits the fan. I'll go with this one.

Cut out that G-day and AHOY crap, no one likes it. Now, are you implying that the USMC and the Special Forces of the United States are an incompetant fighting force against Mujahadeen Snipers? Well, this may be Canadian, but here's a little something to your Mujahadeen Snipers in perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRgsjvDtFUc

Last edited:
I have to say that there is something strange about the way our friend uses the English language; something jars with me each time I read a post. I can't quite put my finger on it. Makes me go hummmm.....

Strange is hardly the word,... like someone who has read too many Navy/Marine books. No person I've ever communicated with either speaks or writes like this.

AHOY,.... G'day ???? Weird...... Distinctly "on the nose"

Last edited:
AHOY, no one likes my greeting or farewell I should stop it, how abt everyone stopping t/childish insults. I’ve used t/format 4 abt 1 yr now no 1 else ever complained. Anyone can google up my other posts (also newjarheadean with one D) and see I’ve all ways respected UK esp the Gurkhas served along side them operating out of Diego Garcia, Australians did great in Timor once read a rumor they made Green Berets look like armatures in Vietnam had 300 kills and one KIA can anyone confirm. Cdt Matteo, I’m new on internet can’t say I ever saw video showing humans shot without a warning of the content first. So I can’t tell what is being shown and I’m puzzled by the direction t/debris is flying. But it looks impressive. 03USMC you old salt of the dead sea LOL, you’re saying there’s no difference btw IFVs rolling up or around the neighborhood and actually dismounting? Would you say announcing the exact location and time of entry to a building is okay because everyone knows you’ve surrounded the place? To whom it concerns, my time over seas was spent serving in what was then called the Air Contingency Battalion out of Diego Garcia, saw and did more than most in a career back then. Had something to do with stringers or wingers or bears in mountains. G-day!

He certainly hasn't given any solutions for our "problem".

How would you change things, besides make our Marines into a Taliban-esque force?

AHOY, I’m here to share and learn 13th red neck. Also suggesting that there r unwritten rules being followed on t/battle field. Behind t/scenes deals being made. Bombs fallow any organized sniper activity. Collective punishment Geneva Convention be dammed. In Afg. t/wide open terrain favors ISAF w/all t/UAVs air & sensor systems no one ever mentions t/near space assists (blimps etc). IMO t/UK is using them. Videos on Canadian snipers n Afg. (upon closer inspection looks like rabbits and lizards being shot). Also interview w/(Firrlong not sure of spelling) states weapon well cut a man n half at 2km then sniper states his spotter told him he had hit t/targets pack & he takes another shot, wouldn’t the pack have been torn off the targets back? c/cmdr it more like making t/USMC more like the French foreign legion. What is Halo II? If it’s a game I have never played any of them. Tri-F, Def. sec. rule # 1) Pass by circle back; That is as you arrive at objective you fly, drive, walk etc right by. So you can check the situation out, anyone or thing there, entries, exits you plan on using. Gives you chance to spot anyone circling back with you that might have been fallowing. Enemy will wonder any time you pass them if you’re going to circle back. This causes them to hunker down waist time, waiting for your return. G-day!

Last edited:
So I can’t tell what is being shown and I’m puzzled by the direction t/debris is flying. But it looks impressive. 03USMC you old salt of the dead sea LOL, you’re saying there’s no difference btw IFVs rolling up or around the neighborhood and actually dismounting? Would you say announcing the exact location and time of entry to a building is okay because everyone knows you’ve surrounded the place? To whom it concerns, my time over seas was spent serving in what was then called the Air Contingency Battalion out of Diego Garcia, saw and did more than most in a career back then. Had something to do with stringers or wingers or bears in mountains. G-day!

Those "debris" are body parts. The targets are being hit with .50 caliber rounds fired by a CAF sniper from a McMillian .50 Sniper System. The Sniper is "Camping" or in a hide as US snipers say. But then one would think that with your wealth of knowledge you would know this, guess not.

Patroling IFV generally in my experience DO NOT DISMOUNT INFANTRY ON THE MOVE. So yeah when that trac stops or the LAV stops and the ramp goes down every swinging richard in the AO knows grunts are coming out. Wadda ya want them to do sneak out the crew hatches?

Diego Garcia huh? You took an ACB readiness flight to Diego Garcia, la dee freakin dah. 5th took Readiness flights to DG all the freakin time, 9th took Readiness Flights to Cubi all the freakin time and 2nd did their AAB flights to Roosie Roads all the freakin time. An ACB readiness flight is a training freakin ex. ACB is a rotating assignment within a regiment, if the regiment is the MEB's designated fly in element. Since Diego Garcia is the designated pre-positioning location for that region flying out to DG was always considered dress rehersal for the real deal.

You are trying to elude to the fact that you took part in some type of op. Got news for you, ya didn't. No op's were launched by any element of the 5th Marine Regiment from DG in the 80's per the OR of the 5th Marine Regt. Marine elements did use DG as a launch/readiness area for the USMC part of Desert One, 5th Marines were not involved. Care to spin again?

Now I'm sure you'll come up with some bogus "It must be still be classified." But I got news for ya Boot PFC's in line Companies don't do that type of stuff. As far as doing more in your career. Lemme tell ya something Schmuckatelli. I got more time standing ACB readiness inspections than you have time in the Corps, so spin your sea stories elsewhere.

Ok... let me see if I have a handle on this.

Newjarheaddean, you served 2 years in the Marine corps back in the 80s and now seek to prove that the US military is not properly trained? In what capacity? How are they not properly trained? Because they didnt use your hand written FM? Go ahead, knock yourself out. Read all the freaking FMs in the world. Compile, collate, annotate, do whatever you want with your FMs. Go build yourself a battle school and train yourself an Ender that you can live vicariously through, because I assure you, the only thing you will be fighting are insects.

I dont usually assume such a disrespectful attitude towards my elders or veterans, but frankly I have no reason to believe you are who you say you are, let alone credit you with some sort of tactical superiority. You come into a forum comprised of veterans, battle tested, blood letting veterans, seeking to tell them how their training is insufficient. I can tell you that you arent going to go very far in life.

As far as who you are, every internal alarm is ringing right now. From your mysteriously ironic screen name, to the way to write. I dont trust you, have no reason to trust you, and my instincts tend to indicate that I will see you on a battlefield some day. Just be assured of this: My training, and the training of my brothers, is sufficient to deal with our enemies.

To the rest of us, this is one of two things:
1) A person who hated military life and left it and now spends his time putting together manuals on how to be an uber badass that can jump out of a moving bradley and take out a sniper. You know those kids who sign up to be a 99N/9999 (Ninja) and barely make it through basic? Yeah, one of those.
2) A probe looking to incite an argument and maybe try to come up with some ideas no how to actually employ a sniper / effective counter-coalition tactics. Maybe its just an OPSEC hyperactivity, but I genuinely dislike the vibes this guy puts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back