Thanking Hollywood for "4 more years"

--
Boots

February 22nd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Topic: Thanking Hollywood for "4 more years"

Here is a topic to start things off.

It seems the right is thumbing their noses at Hollywood.

ARTICLE

I saw these on the news and found picts of them on the web. There are actual billboards. With everything that Hollywood did to bash Bush, I find these to be more than amusing.

Anyone wish to comment?? As always, I will put a quick stop to flaming on any level.

SGT Doody
February 22nd, 2005  
03USMC

Well hey. Given credit where credits due. Can't fault the Right for that.
February 22nd, 2005  
Charge 7

I'm for anything that takes the wind out of Hollywood's sails. Bunch of self-important
--
Boots
February 22nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

thought you guys might like this...saw it on a car here in NZ;

thought it was particularly funny cause bush ISN'T our president!
:P
February 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

lol yeah well he's not the president here either so why should we care so much?
February 22nd, 2005  
godofthunder9010

You gotta give credit where it really is due. Michael Moore probably clinched the victory for George W, thanks to his ... creative retelling of events and obnoxious propagandist psychobabble that constituted Farenheit 9/11.

American hate being deceived and they absolutely hate propaganda. Only a staunch Democrat could have actually believed that movie was telling it straight.
February 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

I don't think it's fair to say a staunch Democrat. I'd just say a staunch hater of Bush.
What surprised me most was that the usually articulate and pretty intelligent Europeans ate the Farenheit 9/11 stuff like candy.
February 23rd, 2005  
chewie_nz

see michael moore is working on another film?
February 23rd, 2005  
A Can of Man

It's silly because he's not a maker of real documentary. A documentary is a SCHOLARLY piece. It's like an essay put on tape, driven by visuals. It's not supposed to be emotionally stirring.
Agh. whatever.
February 23rd, 2005  
chewie_nz

it was a film....not a documentary. hopefully it spured people to look for facts themselves (i know i did) alot of moore's info is off, but close enough so you can find the real truth

he makes broad strokes...and many points i think are valid