Terrorise non-believers calls Quatada.

build them schools and then you'll have intelligent terrorists

I think the hope here is that if we can help to educate the illiterate people, they will see the evil of extremism for what it is and seek other, non violent means for expressing their displeasure.

Wolfen, I took some time to read books about Muslims/Islam... I travel a lot. I have plenty of Muslim friends. I knew Sunnite, Chiites and Soufis...

And guess what? I dont believe what you just said. I dont call you a liar. I just tell you that you met some extremists...

There is more than a billion of Muslims in the world. If they were murderers, I will have received a notice by now...

You are using the same speech as Ben Laden... You are just in the other side of the coin. In one said we have Ben Laden saying "Americans are evil, we have to fight them." and in the other side we have the speech you gave saying "Muslims are evil, we have to fight them."

I'm tired of this religious propaganda. It's not a religious fight... It's all about politics... Money and power, the old problem once again.

Well you make 31k a year... And guess what? I'm very happy for you. Because there is people who have a whole family to feed with 200$ a month. And I didnt give you the worse exemple... There is people who dont make 1$ a day...

So yeah, I wish you could drive a ferrari too. I really do. But right now, I'm more worried about people who are actually starving to death... it's called having a sense of priority.

And I still say "build them schools"... So this way, we will have intelligent terrorists who will stop acting like idiots... And maybe that they will actually get a job and stop being terrorists.

And like HokieMSG said, maybe that if they had schools... They wouldnt support terrorists.

You are using the same speech as Ben Laden... You are just in the other side of the coin. In one said we have Ben Laden saying "Americans are evil, we have to fight them." and in the other side we have the speech you gave saying "Muslims are evil, we have to fight them."

American's don't beleive that ALL Muslims are evil, only the extremists who want to attack those who are not Muslim.

Political or religious reasons for the start of the war no longer seem the point. Each person has his or her own reason for believing why the war started.

I think the hope here is that if we can help to educate the illiterate people, they will see the evil of extremism for what it is and seek other, non violent means for expressing their displeasure.

That'd be a first. Might work in theroy, but I'd have to stick around a thousand years or so to actually see it and believe it.

Wolfen, I took some time to read books about Muslims/Islam... I travel a lot. I have plenty of Muslim friends. I knew Sunnite, Chiites and Soufis...

And guess what? I dont believe what you just said. I don't call you a liar. I just tell you that you met some extremists...

There is more than a billion of Muslims in the world. If they were murderers, I will have received a notice by now...

I'm tired of this religious propaganda. It's not a religious fight... It's all about politics... Money and power, the old problem once again.

Well you make 31k a year... And guess what? I'm very happy for you. Because there is people who have a whole family to feed with 200$ a month. And I didn't give you the worse exemple... There is people who don't make 1$ a day...

So yeah, I wish you could drive a Ferrari too. I really do. But right now, I'm more worried about people who are actually starving to death... it's called having a sense of priority.

And I still say "build them schools"... So this way, we will have intelligent terrorists who will stop acting like idiots... And maybe that they will actually get a job and stop being terrorists.

And like HokieMSG said, maybe that if they had schools... They wouldn't support terrorists.

I'm happy you've met muslims who "say" they don't want to kill you, but don't EVER compare me to binladen, theres a big difference between me and him, he wants to use terror, I want to kill them all and let alliah sort them out.

Yea I make 31k a year, guess what, that feeds my family, unlike them I friggin worked my whole life to make this 31k a year. I didn't sit in a dam desert herding goats.
I don't wish I drove a Ferrari, I wish i could afford gas for teh '89 Chevy I have now, if I had a Ferrari then I'd be rich, I have no use whatsoever for being rich.
As for people starving to death, let their dam rich governments feed its own people, while they're at it why not use some of that money they get from the rest of the world and build their own schools? but then again they have schools, they call them terrorist training camps.
Sorry man, but the muslims I have met and delt with in my life just make me hate them all more and more every day.

And like HokieMSG said, maybe that if they had schools... They wouldnt support terrorists.

But see the extremists are the ones using religion. Jihad=Religion, Fatwa= religion. The extremists fan the flames using the Koran and telling their people that infidels must die because the Koran states it and it pleases Allah.

The moderate muslims have a habit of remaining silent. So when westerners voice a distrust of Islam then the west cops it in the neck for being anti Islamic. To counter this the goverments of some European nations are doing everything short of kow towing to a vocal minority (Cue Del Boy) at the expense of their own culture.

Build em schools? Care to hear a story? Takes place in Kandahar A'Stan 11/14/2008. At the Mirwais Mena girls school set up with the help of NATO forces the school that had a student body of 1,500 students was empty. Why? Because the day before multiple teams of Taliban had attacked 15 students and their teacher in front of the school and using water pistols sprayed acid in their faces.

Why? Because apparently in the 3rd Century Culture that Islamic Fundamentalist's prefer. Women are not to be educated as it offends Allah.

So send the gutless wonders all the peanut butter you want. No matter what you do these low lifes will continue their 3rd Century Jackazzery.

That'd be a first. Might work in theroy, but I'd have to stick around a thousand years or so to actually see it and believe it.

You will notice that the operative word in my statement was HOPE.

I agree that until the moderate muslims start standing up to the extremists this vicious cycle will continue. This has happened in certain neighborhoods in Iraq BTW. This is one reason that Iraq is calming down. I worry that PBOB (President Barak OBama) will pull US forces out too fast and all of the work that has been accomplished will be for nothing. (See Somalia, See Beruit, See 1st Executive Order).

You will notice that the operative word in my statement was HOPE.

I agree that until the moderate muslims start standing up to the extremists this vicious cycle will continue. This has happened in certain neighborhoods in Iraq BTW. This is one reason that Iraq is calming down. I worry that PBOB (President Barak OBama) will pull US forces out too fast and all of the work that has been accomplished will be for nothing. (See Somalia, See Beruit, See 1st Executive Order).

Thats like saying "I hope I win the Lottery even if I don't play it"

And heres my prediction on what happens when Obama pulls out our troop[s, or any president pulls out our troops
First, we lose face and ALL respect from al muslims cause we did NOT finish what we started, justified or not, we can chalk this one up as a loss
Second, the 3 tribes in Iraq will continue bickering and fighting until it all falls apart and they go back to tribal territories

Second, the 3 tribes in Iraq will continue bickering and fighting until it all falls apart and they go back to tribal territories

And Iraq becomes a satillite state of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Now that has to make for sweet dreams huh?

That's nuts. Public money paying for a man who advocates the terrorizing of the public.

I don't understand why some people think we owe a debt to the world or something. We have our own problems, and we are most definitely not responsible for the living conditions in other countries (excluding Afghanistan and Iraq of course). It would be nice, but it's totally unrealistic. Limited resources, lots of people. Would these countries do the same for us if our positions were reversed? I somehow doubt that.

Major Liability, you have to understand some things. We all live in the same boat. When I say that we have to intervene to help other people, you may think that I want to help them. But in fact, in the end, I'm helping myself.
The world is very small. So if unfair actions are happening somewhere, they will harm you sooner or later.
We allow people to earn 10 times less money than us for the same job. Where is the justice in that?
Of course, we dont complain. But tomorrow, when the liberal agenda is done, the factories will close next to your house, to open in Africa where people work as slaves. And guess what? you will be living in a city where there is a lot of homeless people who are going crazy because life was easy and it became extremely harsh from a day to another...

And then, you will be sleeping with a shotgun under your pillow in case someone tries to assault your home to get something to eat...

So in fact, we cant allow anything "wrong". The USA would be a nazi territory today if they didnt act in World War II...

And we want a peaceful world, where honest people have nothing to fear. We made the human rights laws. We are supposed to share a brotherhood relation with every human on earth.

And it's sad to call people like me naive idealists. I know that the objective is hard to get. But it's our lives, we have to try. We dont have anything better to do with our lives...

Lemask. I agree that we have a moral obligation to help tose people less fortunate than us. But what do we do if they dont want our help?

Given the modern history of Africa, I find it hard to believe that the US or some other nation would ever send its industry over to Africa.

As far as worrying about justice for unequal pay?
We are obligated to help our own citizens first. Then maybe we can start worrying about other people. Until our own problems are sorted out, it is difficult to justify involving ourselves in the matters of another nation.

HokieMSG, you are right on some points, but still, I dont think that you got my point.
To just speak about the things I know for sure. I know north Africa pretty well. Algeria, Morroco, Tunisia... I know these countries pretty well.

Actually, I have a friend who works in social security services. And guess what he is talking about everytime I ask him about his job? he is talking about "delocalisation" of services from France to Morroco.
There is people here losing their jobs because some kilometres to the south, there is people who speak the same language as us (French) and have the same skills and ask for 10 times less money than our workers.
So everyday, we close our call centers here to transfer them to North African countries. And they are paid like 200€ (250$) a month for 8 hours a day...

And it's not all. We are actually transfering whole factories. Renault is building a factory complex in Tangier in Morroco. We were employing people here to export cars to north Africa, but now, North Africa is building their own cars. And sometimes, I can see cheap cars in Paris with "made in Morroco".

It's fine. Good for them. honestly. But the problem is that we are not used to that. We learned to live extremely confortable lives... And if we have to live with the competition of people who are sleeping in their own factories (Chinese)... We will have a hard time.

So we have to learn to share. And here, to share our comfort.

Anyway, let's go back to the "foreign help". There is many levels of "help". No body will complain if you just send planes to drop food. Even the Taliban will love you if you just send food.

So yeah, you can say that they dont want our help. But there is other ways to help them. And I'm sure that they wouldnt mind.

The first level would be to protect them from our own people. Exemple, dont let the secret services overthrow a democratic government.

Dont let the bussiness groups use and abuse the corruption in their countries.
Just think about the African business men who see foreign contractors take contracts while they were the lowest bidder... Just because the foreign contractors can afford to pay the corrupt authorities.

Just put yourself in their shoes. They ask you to build a water pipes network. You come and ask for 200.000$ to do the job. And they give it to a foreigner for 500.000$, because he is ready to give the local governor 100.000$.
And think about the people who watch the countries ressources going in the pockets of foreigners who are already rich while they are starving to death and cooking under the sun the whole year...

The exemples are plenty... If you really want to help, it's easy. But you need courage and bravery.

HokieMSG, you are right on some points, but still, I dont think that you got my point.
To just speak about the things I know for sure. I know north Africa pretty well. Algeria, Morroco, Tunisia... I know these countries pretty well.

Actually, I have a friend who works in social security services. And guess what he is talking about everytime I ask him about his job? he is talking about "delocalisation" of services from France to Morroco.
There is people here losing their jobs because some kilometres to the south, there is people who speak the same language as us (French) and have the same skills and ask for 10 times less money than our workers.
So everyday, we close our call centers here to transfer them to North African countries. And they are paid like 200€ (250$) a month for 8 hours a day...

And it's not all. We are actually transfering whole factories. Renault is building a factory complex in Tangier in Morroco. We were employing people here to export cars to north Africa, but now, North Africa is building their own cars. And sometimes, I can see cheap cars in Paris with "made in Morroco".

It's fine. Good for them. honestly. But the problem is that we are not used to that. We learned to live extremely confortable lives... And if we have to live with the competition of people who are sleeping in their own factories (Chinese)... We will have a hard time.

So we have to learn to share. And here, to share our comfort.

Anyway, let's go back to the "foreign help". There is many levels of "help". No body will complain if you just send planes to drop food. Even the Taliban will love you if you just send food.

So yeah, you can say that they dont want our help. But there is other ways to help them. And I'm sure that they wouldnt mind.

The first level would be to protect them from our own people. Exemple, dont let the secret services overthrow a democratic government.

Dont let the bussiness groups use and abuse the corruption in their countries.
Just think about the African business men who see foreign contractors take contracts while they were the lowest bidder... Just because the foreign contractors can afford to pay the corrupt authorities.

Just put yourself in their shoes. They ask you to build a water pipes network. You come and ask for 200.000$ to do the job. And they give it to a foreigner for 500.000$, because he is ready to give the local governor 100.000$.
And think about the people who watch the countries ressources going in the pockets of foreigners who are already rich while they are starving to death and cooking under the sun the whole year...

The exemples are plenty... If you really want to help, it's easy. But you need courage and bravery.

The problem is that the corruption is so endemic to the local governments. Is it right? No way. I don't believe that paying bribes to foreign nationals is a crime here in the US. Officers of US companies can be prosecuted, but not the officers of foreign governements or corporations. It is a fine line to tread with government interference in business.

You are completely correct that it takes courage but unless both parties are commited to changing the way things are done..... The situation will never change.

Back