--
Boots

March 8th, 2005  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyca
An interesting post. I understand your opinion that Taiwan is part of China, so anything Taiwan does needs to comply with PRC's laws, and others should not interfere. Not new, but consistent.

My opinion, throughout the past, has been that Taiwan is self-ruled (self-governed, self-entertained, self-fed, self-taught, self-toilet-trained, etc.) and independent from China. We got a ruling government that runs business with our own rules, or laws. Not new, but also consistent. 8)
self-fed.....?

even canada has to be nice to china these days to try to get some scraps on the trading tables...

look at the trading numbers...taiwan needs china more than china needs taiwan
Define need.
March 8th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: Lumberjack...

the need to trade, but not the need to survive.
March 8th, 2005  
Zyca

Topic: Re: Lumberjack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
the need to trade, but not the need to survive.
I myself prefer the term desire to trade... But if we are talking about the same thing, then yeah Taiwanese do need/desire to trade with Chinese. But keep in mind trading is mutually beneficial... Would you trade with me when you constantly get ripped off?
--
Boots
March 8th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: LOL.

if in that case, Zyca, I will go after your sista. Muhahahha.

March 8th, 2005  
Zyca

Topic: Re: LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
if in that case, Zyca, I will go after your sista. Muhahahha.

No worries, I suck at trading...
March 9th, 2005  
MadeInChina

its all about economic my friends, and currently taiwan needs to rethink its strategy, because they are going down the hill if they start again on the independent movement

lol, the economy matters even more to the taiwanese, because thats basically all theyve got, they have little or no natural reousrces like japan, and can only become rich through trading
March 14th, 2005  
Corocotta

China has unveiled a controversial new law allowing it to use force against Taiwan if it protests at plans for reunification.

The Chinese government has said it will use the draft law to attack Taiwan if it tries to gain independence.

Taiwan issued a strong protest against the proposal, saying it ignores the island’s sovereignty and raises tension in the region by giving the Chinese military the freedom to attack.

Beijing views the self-ruled island as a breakaway province and has threatened to attack if it declares formal statehood.

Chiu Tai-shan, vice chairman of the policy-making Mainland Affairs Council, said: "Communist China tries to use this bill to deny the sovereignty of the Republic of China and unilaterally change the status quo of the Taiwan Strait. It has caused tension in the region. We voice our strongest protest."

The new anti-secession law sets out the "one-country, two-systems" formula - as employed in Hong Kong - as the basic approach to the island.

Over the weekend, thousands of Taiwanese protested over the introduction of the anti-secession legislation.

The controversial bill, which has been shrouded in secrecy for months, is expected to be approved by the Chinese parliament on March 14.

Wang Zhaoguo, deputy chairman of China’s National People’s Congress Standing Committee, said: "If possibilities for a peaceful reunification should be completely exhausted, the state shall employ non-peaceful means and other necessary measures to protect China’s sovereignty and territorial integrity."
March 14th, 2005  
k19

the law is basicly sum up the points what china has said in 50 years. if US can make a law about Taiwan, china certainly have the same rights to make our own. it's not new, without the law, china would attack Taiwan if they go independentce as well. putting it in paper could be a step that china make his point more clear, we are serious. if you carefully read the statements that china made in the last 50 years, you could find that china have backed to the wall in this issue, even the one china policy, from 1 china-PRC to only china, no specific identity. it's time to get serious for both side, it's time to start talking.
March 15th, 2005  
MadeInChina

well card playing hu, now weve got the 4 ace and a single

believe me, a word of independence is on a rebel bill of the taiwanese government and the law will FORCE the chiense government to attack, we must obey our new law, or else will u call us a government tha break our own law?