T-90 VS Leopard 2 - Page 8

--

August 1st, 2009  
darkgreensoldier666

T 90
acctually a T-72-b gear and T-80-u turret
with much defended hull then T-80 ..
It says (in the book according to Millitary ordinance) that T-90 armour can withstan almost all the cummuliative shells and it also protected by "Tsu2"-Shtora and "Tsu1" (making it hard to aim the tank using semi automatic tow(anti tank guided missiles)) and defence system called "Kontakt-5"

quite protected no ?
and a other russian tank have to be compared with 4generation tanks is a black eagle .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbocwdpJI_g
August 1st, 2009  
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreensoldier666

quite protected no ?
and a other russian tank have to be compared with 4generation tanks is a black eagle .
Black Eagle does not exist, this is a vid from 1999 which shows an elongated turret on a lenghtened T-80U chassis, a very early prototype at best, a mock up hoax at worst.
August 1st, 2009  
darkgreensoldier666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker
Black Eagle does not exist, this is a vid from 1999 which shows an elongated turret on a lenghtened T-80U chassis, a very early prototype at best, a mock up hoax at worst.
So will it come out or it is abandoded project /??

npt really T80u ,but yes there is a lot of unifications (that what says in my book)
--
August 2nd, 2009  
Panzercracker

Quote:
So will it come out or it is abandoded project /??

npt really T80u ,but yes there is a lot of unifications (that what says in my book)
No idea, my take on it is that they have some basic elements and the concept but its been stuck there for years now, we should probably see something more tangible by 2015 but i doubt Russia will be getting a new tank till 2020, they got enough to spend on already.
August 2nd, 2009  
darkgreensoldier666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker
No idea, my take on it is that they have some basic elements and the concept but its been stuck there for years now, we should probably see something more tangible by 2015 but i doubt Russia will be getting a new tank till 2020, they got enough to spend on already.
Yes Russia is out of budget for such projects .. I think when it will come out it already will be "OLD" in compraison to newer western armour that will appear in 2020
August 2nd, 2009  
darkgreensoldier666

back to the topic I think
Leo 2 for defense T 90 for atack
September 17th, 2009  
Pale Rider

Quote:
Both tanks are greate !!
and don't forget when you comparing that all the tank built for its own climatique and landscape conditions ..

it is like you cannot compare T90 with Merkava mk4 because T90 will stuck or will be immobile in israel landscape and climate ... and Merkava would stuck or be immobile in Russian wheather and landscape conditions most of all in russian mud 65t tank will get it as a first hit ...

lets retturn to T90 and Leopard in my oppinion leo i a bit better but I think T90 is more protected because of Stora/Arena ... but I read before that Leo2 can shoot Russian tanks at much longer range ... so in the battle field like was in WW2 they have aproximatelly equal chances to survive...

And I think there is Better Russian tanks then T90 .. (not really remmeber correct me if i wrong);
Russian T-90 series nor export models are equipped with Arena, Shtora does not have a big enough power supply to effectively counter newer generation missiles so basically all this system is good for is the crew having the capability of knowing when they have been painted by a laser designator or laser range finder, if painted by the latter they will be toast before they even realize what is going on.
September 25th, 2009  
redwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by EladBell
i do agree tht the russian T-90 will be infirior to the pimp my tank T-90 but still,u cannot foresee the result of a tank battle.
Before the first Gulf War there were experts touting Iraq's berms and Migs and hordes of tanks. I shocked a few friends saying the US+Brits would not lose a total of 10 tanks in the war and the Iraqi air force would soon cease to exist.

M-1 vs T 72.....the M-1 has a better armor piercing round,much better armor,better overall design,it's turret traverses better and faster,the stabilization is better the night vision a lot better,better communications and a lot more speed. There's noplace to really hide in open desert. The T 72,on the defensive can get partial cover from a sand berm but if it pops up to fight...it gets killed.

EACH of those advantages MULTIPLIES the others. Unlike Europe, the terrain does not allow for a surprise ambush. My estimate proved too conservative as no M-1 or Challenger was destroyed by an Iraqi tank in the whole war.

How much better is a T90? Is the armor piercing round better? Has the stabilization and fire control improved/ Does it have air conditioning? Is the running gear really reliable? The Leo II has the reputation of being very well engineered with high grade detailing. Even if the T90 is even in firepower and armor...I suspect the Leo has an edge in a dozen subtle things that add up.
September 29th, 2009  
Zastava-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood
Before the first Gulf War there were experts touting Iraq's berms and Migs and hordes of tanks. I shocked a few friends saying the US+Brits would not lose a total of 10 tanks in the war and the Iraqi air force would soon cease to exist.

M-1 vs T 72.....the M-1 has a better armor piercing round,much better armor,better overall design,it's turret traverses better and faster,the stabilization is better the night vision a lot better,better communications and a lot more speed. There's noplace to really hide in open desert. The T 72,on the defensive can get partial cover from a sand berm but if it pops up to fight...it gets killed.

EACH of those advantages MULTIPLIES the others. Unlike Europe, the terrain does not allow for a surprise ambush. My estimate proved too conservative as no M-1 or Challenger was destroyed by an Iraqi tank in the whole war.

How much better is a T90? Is the armor piercing round better? Has the stabilization and fire control improved/ Does it have air conditioning? Is the running gear really reliable? The Leo II has the reputation of being very well engineered with high grade detailing. Even if the T90 is even in firepower and armor...I suspect the Leo has an edge in a dozen subtle things that add up.
Yeah, i wonder why Iraq got so badly owned? Their T-72's were monkey models which didnt have GPS, couldnt fire on the move, had poorly trained crews and fire training rounds at the Americans who had total air superiority.
September 30th, 2009  
19kilo30K4

Quote:
T 90
acctually a T-72-b gear and T-80-u turret
with much defended hull then T-80 ..
It says (in the book according to Millitary ordinance) that T-90 armour can withstan almost all the cummuliative shells and it also protected by "Tsu2"-Shtora and "Tsu1" (making it hard to aim the tank using semi automatic tow(anti tank guided missiles)) and defence system called "Kontakt-5"

quite protected no ?
what is a semi automatic TOW? I've fired TOW 2 missiles before and they are all hand loaded. If you know of an American military vehicle that can fire them some other way please let me know. The Stryker ATGM, HMMVW with TOW mount, the M2/M3 Bradley are all hand loaded into the launcher one at a time. I just don't know what you mean.