Invaded (probably WMD in there anyways!) 2 18.18%
Invaded 0 0%
...nothing yet 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

--

December 13th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Topic: The Syrian question

The bulk of the insurgents in Iraq are Sunnis, and they're getting supplied and transported over the Syrian border- not all, but it's a large bulk. Now Syrian forces probably aren't directly involved , but they certainly know it's happening and are allowing it to happen.

I don't believe the US can effectively seal off the border....

what to do?

The US already seems to have some embargo on them....

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/li...11-32397pf.htm
December 13th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Leave them alone for now. I think Iran is a bigger problem for the USA.
December 13th, 2004  
Italian Guy

A precision bombing on localized sites wouldn't be bad, but no, it' ain't proper time now.
--
December 13th, 2004  
Dread Mogus

I think Sherman an ItalianGuy are right in that there are more pressing problems at the moment. The Syrian situation where the Iraqi insurgents seem to be getting supplies and finding refuge there has to be addressed at some point. Applying political and economic pressures should be attempted until they prove to be ineffective. If it comes down to the last resort of taking military action the selective action that would minimize collateral/noncombatant casualties if preferable. Whether that involves or is limited to smart bombs would remain to be determined.
December 13th, 2004  
dougal

In my opion Syira is no treath
December 13th, 2004  
Anya1982

Topic: nooooo

can i just state please.............IRAN are not a big threat...........i think america are over reacting.................i have alot of friends who are persian and their family are irani military..................i worked along with iran and they are a good country

But if forced into being bullied which i think is happening who is to say what they will do.

As for syria it looks to me american military are just gunning for anything at the moment
December 13th, 2004  
Dread Mogus

What does the fact that you know some Irani/Persian folks have to do with the proliferation of nuclear weapons? I know some too and they seem as concerned as anybody about the problem. Oh by the way, they don't care much for the present Irani government or political situation. The fact is that that more people should be concerned about it. But the question here is about Syria isn't it? How should the US deal with Syria?
December 13th, 2004  
egoz

I think we need to prioritize before we go off and attack another country. Syria wouldn't be very high on the list with the other big contenders up there. But that doesn't mean we should sit around and let the border be crossed unchecked.
December 14th, 2004  
Anya1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Mogus
What does the fact that you know some Irani/Persian folks have to do with the proliferation of nuclear weapons? I know some too and they seem as concerned as anybody about the problem. Oh by the way, they don't care much for the present Irani government or political situation. The fact is that that more people should be concerned about it. But the question here is about Syria isn't it? How should the US deal with Syria?
seems like too many of you all listen to the news and don't actually know the real facts. When you been out there and dealt with the 1st hand from the start iran is not the threat...............usa is making iran the threat by bullying them into it......................don't any one jump down my throat at this but america have been known to over react a little and not listent o correct warnings. I could inform people of alot of things that should of happened during certain times but reasons say i can't.

Syria should be dealt with bu tin a correct manner not jumping downt he throats
December 14th, 2004  
rocco

syria should be disarmed or face devastation.