Suicide bombers, a legitimate way of fighting? - Page 4

--

September 30th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
I don't have a great deal of knowledge about the Koran but does it really say that Jihad martyrs will go to paradise and be able to sleep with 75 virgins or how many it is?
75? Where did you get this number? I believe it is 24.
But according to me it is much more difficult to handle virgins than non-virgins.
September 30th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I just don't get what's in it for the ladies. What's a woman going to do with a crapload of virgins?
September 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Doc S,

Send it to me in PM. Ill have a look.
--
October 1st, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
I just don't get what's in it for the ladies. What's a woman going to do with a crapload of virgins?
O God, you made a big point here, I never thought about the lady bombers.

But still, I feel so sorry for all those suicide bombers, especially the women, how much should they have suffered to make them do this act.
October 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well there must be SOME payoff for the ladies. Can't think of what it might be. Maybe they get 24 manslaves to do with as the wish, but well ... its DEFINITELY not in the Koran!
October 1st, 2004  
sunb!

Interesting, guessing they don't need woman where they end up and perhaps their wired trip to town can be seen as their reward?

Haven't found any information on this - but will certainly post it when found.
October 1st, 2004  
Animal Mother

Only way i can see them as legitimate weapons is if they target military targets, and military targets only (Hizbollah in Lebanon in the 80's for example, the majority of the attacks where aimed at the IDF occupation force).

If they do that they, to put it bluntly, are just a way to get explosives on target. Low tech (not so) smart bomb?
October 1st, 2004  
sunb!

Talked to a friend of mine whose into religion and he said woman are granted the right of drinking wine in their afterlife, which they are not entitled to do while alive.

Not a large benefit for becoming a martyr but that's the only thing really!
October 1st, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Talked to a friend of mine whose into religion and he said woman are granted the right of drinking wine in their afterlife, which they are not entitled to do while alive.
Well, noneof the muslims are allowed to drink alcohol, men or women.
October 1st, 2004  
sunb!

Thanks for sorting that out Sherman, my friend wrote me that on e-mail atm as well!

Badly configured clients my friends, hum....